Subject: Target fired last turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Brown
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
My situation: 4.65 Ambush occurs- 2a unspotted StuG destroys ANY (not my) tank. After 4.65 2b where friendly artillery leave smoke in the StuG's zone. Now I go to 4.7 Battle Round where I deplete the just placed smoke. I now proceed to spotting where my question lies; the spotting table lists a -2 modifier for an enemy unit that "fired last turn"( PB doesn't go by turns) and I'm unsure whether I can apply it to my current spotting attempts. Even substituting "round" for "turn" doesn't clarify this because I have several crew members able to spot the sector the ambush fire came from so why would I have to wait until the next combat round to spot it? Just the way ambush can derail the normal sequence is confusing to me. In this instance I'm going to use the beneficial modifier but wanted to hear what other s thought. Thanks for any input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When things are not clear, I like to just use common sense.

The -2 DRM is there because it should be easier to spot and identify enemies who are shooting. If they just shot, even in the ambush, not in the previous turn or round, I would use the -2 DRM.

At the end, you are playing solo. I like to use or bend some rules if I find them better or funnier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven

Ambush can be befuddling

Try to think of it as a pre-Round/Turn to the normal Battle sequence

Usually you will place enemy units, your tank will get to spot/fire etc, enemy units fire, friendly action.
All that happens in an Ambush is YOUR tank doesn't get a go..

After resolving 4.65 2a,b
begin as you would normally 4.7
so yes flip smoke,( it was in the previous round/turn)
yes apply -2 spotting ( the Stug fired in the previous round/turn )

As Carlos said, common sense

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
...If they just shot, even in the ambush, not in the previous turn or round, I would use the -2 DRM.

The -2 DRM should apply here ( IMHO ) even if they shot in the last round / turn...

mixykym wrote:
...yes apply -2 spotting ( the Stug fired in the previous round/turn )

Correct.

[ "Niteplayer" : You are correct : for Turn (!) read Round. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course, EVEN if they shot in the last turn/round...hehe I wrote it a little bit confusing, but in my mind it made sense...haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.