Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah and I are super happy to announce our 15th episode of The Boarding Party!

In this one, we talk about what we've been up to recently (focusing on Gloomhaven), The Rising Sun KS campaign, games with cool timers, and the use of intellectual properties in games.

Website
http://theboardingparty.blogspot.com

BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcast/38246/boarding-pa...

iTunes
pcast://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/mCFmGf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for listening, and as always, feel free to leave comments or feedback below!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player controlled ending timers or conditions are one of my favorite design choices.

Yet another reason I'm excited about finally getting Anachrony to the table. At a certain point, the main board worker placement spots all become unavailable for the rest of the game after they are used. Once they are all unavailable, the game ends. So the number of rounds in the game varies from 5-7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
Player controlled ending timers or conditions are one of my favorite design choices.

Yet another reason I'm excited about finally getting Anachrony to the table. At a certain point, the main board worker placement spots all become unavailable for the rest of the game after they are used. Once they are all unavailable, the game ends. So the number of rounds in the game varies from 5-7.

Couldn't agree more. I love the fact that I, as a player, exert some control over when and how the game ends. And it amps up the tension knowing that my opponents are capable of doing the same thing! There's nothing quite like pulling the rug out from under an opponent (or having the same done to you) and ending the game sooner than they needed.

I actually didn't know Anachrony had a timer like that ... makes me even more hyped for that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.