Subject: The Hood actively sabotaging iconic Disaster Vehicles Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, now, rarely post up variants as I find the negativity against mods on BGG a bit wearing but I've posted this variant as Thunderbirds is an excellent game that seems to me to be getting little love.

Both the ‘Above & Beyond’ and ‘The Hood’ expansions are required to play this variant - as hopefully might be guessed from the title of the thread.

The purpose of the variant is to enable the Hood to actively sabotage iconic disaster vehicles rescues - and, in addition, to make greater use of the disaster vehicles that are part of the ‘Above & Beyond’ expansion.

Remove from the Disaster deck, the 10 Disaster cards linked to Disaster Vehicles - each one has the name of an iconic Disaster Vehicle printed in white beneath its picture. Shuffle and randomly remove 2 from this deck of 10 disaster cards. Place the 2 removed back in the box.

Follow the rules for setting up the Disaster deck with the exception for setting up the 4 Disaster piles. Randomly deal out 7 Disaster cards from the main Disaster card deck (instead of the normal 9). Then, add to each of the 4 piles 2 (randomly selected) Disaster cards from the 10 put aside Disaster cards (that are linked to Disaster Vehicles). Then, as per the normal rules, add in the 2 Hood Advances cards to each deck.

As soon as a Disaster card is revealed which is linked to a named Disaster Vehicle, the Hood may place the relevant Disaster Vehicle on the board in the space specified by the Disaster card. If he does not place the specified vehicle, he may not place the vehicle at a later point in the game.

If the Hood is in the same space as a Disaster Vehicle model, before the Disaster dice are rolled for a rescue, the Hood player may discard one or more Agents that are in his space. Each Agent discarded deducts 1 from the dice result. If the rescue is successful, the IR player gains the Disaster Vehicle card in addition to the normal gains. Follow the use of this card from the rules in 'Above & Beyond'.

N.B. There is never any point in the Hood placing the Sun Probe model in the Sun space as he cannot go into space (and so the Sun Probe model will not be used).

As the Hood is made more powerful in this variant, it is recommended for IR players to play 4 characters and for the IR players (at the start of each round) to select the order of play for the characters. This will help to balance up the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.