Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Knutson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in any rush, but am interested in the game.

Should I try to track down a 4th edition copy of the game now or should I wait for 5th edition to be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you're not familiar with the endless loop of edition torture that CMG enjoys to exact on their fans. I promise if you wait for the 5th edition, they will at that point announce an upcoming 6th edition (which will be released with a notice of a 7th edition), etc., etc., burning flames.

/sarcasm

Every edition (even the first) is perfect and gives you everything you need. The 5th edition is a component upgrade if you would rather get away from wooden cubes and discs and go for something a little slicker for the resources. Every major new edition has added a little something extra, but they are just either component upgrades, added a few extra graphics here and there to help with language independence, etc.

I own the second edition and the game, as it stands, has no issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thornton
United States
Wentzville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't jump on earlier editions because of the premium kickstarter price. Are there ever versions that start getting cheaper? Or is every new editions just pumping up the price again? I guess my best bet is picking up someones older version if they want the newer version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.