George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The competitive skill reads:

Once a Round: Reduce one attack of an enemy by 1, that enemy gains Cumbersome this turn. Put this Skill token in the centre. Until the start of your next turn, the attack of all other enemies is increased by 1 during the blocking phase. Then take this skill token back and flip it.

If I get it correctly, this makes it a bit harder for other players to block attacks, but they still deal out the same damage, if unblocked, don't they? For instance, An Orc Wolf Rider (Attack 4, Swiftness) would have an Attack 5 during the Blocking Phase (thus needing block 10 to block), but if unblocked, it will still deal out 4 damage during the Assign Damage phase. Is that the case?

On a side note: the way the skill is worded, it seems that it also affects all other enemies on your own turn as well. Naturally, this is moot if you just use it on the last enemy you plan to block, but is that really the case? Does it also affect all other enemies on your own turn, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right in that it just makes things harder to block for other people. But yes, the intention was that the secondary effect only affected other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.