Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to start a 3 hero campaign. My son wants to be the Bounty Hunter while my friend wants to be a Warrior (probably Marshal.)

Do I "need" to be a Healer for us to do well? Because I'd rather be a Mage...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolf Christensen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmb
From my experience a healer is absolutely neccesary when playing with more than 2 characters. But I'm not an expert so would like to hear what others think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not necessary, but it's highly recommended. Especially if you're playing with newer players that don't know their respective classes in and out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is possible on normal difficulty ... but I am not sure.
Three strategies that I can think of:
1. Top notch heroes and classes only, lots of synergy
2. Tanky heroes such as Ravaella, Jain (hero ability), Tomble (hero ability), Corbin, Trenloe.
3. Heroes and classes with familiars: Challara as Geomancer/Necromancer and Beastmaster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes in our group took two Scouts and two Warriors (even thought I warned them) and had such a hard time I let them swap in a Healer after the interlude.

So yeah. Bring a healer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some hero classes that have offensive spells and abilities as well. The spiritspeaker comes to mind, but also the disciple and apothecary when built in a specific way.

I am personally fan of the spiritspeaker which can work a bit like a mage at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There are some Apothecary builds that can put out absolutely insane damage attacks while making a free attack each round.

Couple that with the Monk cross class (open-handed) and you can pull off some pretty crazy combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
Why not just have a "dummy" healer as a fourth character that you share responsibility for? That way you get to have your Mage character cake and eat your healer?

Wait, that came out wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatGuyMontag wrote:
Why not just have a "dummy" healer as a fourth character that you share responsibility for? That way you get to have your Mage character cake and eat your healer?

I like having one character each. I may look at the Spiritspeaker as I just played an Apothecary in the Trollfens mini campaign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
ThatGuyMontag wrote:

I like having one character each. I may look at the Spiritspeaker as I just played an Apothecary in the Trollfens mini campaign...

I would recommend you to take another healer. Though I tried to protect spiritspeaker in the community I have to admin that it is a weak class. Apothecary/Disciple/Bard seems to be much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.