6 Posts

Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: When we can expect new *updated * rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools

Hi,
When we can expect new *updated * rulebook to be published? Is it still coming? Are there going to be rules/variants for more strategic/engaging/'harder to beat' versions of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
kompan wrote:

Hi,
When we can expect new *updated * rulebook to be published? Is it still coming? Are there going to be rules/variants for more strategic/engaging/'harder to beat' versions of the game?

The new rulebook will be ready any day now. There are no variant rules, the updated rulebook is simply to explain elements of the game in more detail, with more examples where needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

Hi Adam,
No updates to 'camping'&'searching' issue then for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
kompan wrote:

Hi Adam,
No updates to 'camping'&'searching' issue then for example?

No, we're very happy with the way the game works. It seems that part of the reason that people were finding the game so easy was to do with the vagueness of the Line of Sight explanation, which has been remedied. The only changes is that we've introduced 2 new rules; one which addresses the full zone issues and one that makes the more powerful ranged weapons a bit more unpredictable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a little more elaborating on the lore for the game?
We played the first mission and my group were excited to get into it hearing the mission setups and introduction texts. But I could not find any real backstory, just 2 sentences in the beginning of the manual. I had hoped to atleast read a full page as an introduction to the ship and why we are there. This we felt was also lacking a bit for all the cards. Some quote or whatever from the universe to suck you in would have ben awesome.

Will this be remedied in the new rulebook?
/Lore and themefreak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C J Campbell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Zargas. Did you get the Art book. This contains some more backstory although I must admit not as much as I had hoped. During the early days of the campaign Grimlord released log reports by various 'characters' on the Hikari which drew me into the environment of the game. Some or possibly all of these are in the Artbook. I thought this might have been expanded upon for the final print but apparently not.

The game style encourages such narrative during play and all the time whilst I was expectantly waiting for the boxes to arrive I had been going through stories in my imagination even giving names to some of the plastic participants. Generally episodes somewhere between Alien and Dark Matter.

The mind is a powerful weapon just not always pointed in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.