Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a HD version for Wii U, and a regular version for Wii. Is it worth getting the HD version when it costs twice as much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
There is a HD version for Wii U, and a regular version for Wii. Is it worth getting the HD version when it costs twice as much?

If it were any other Zelda game maybe not, but in this case I think so. The HD version is non-mirrored like the Game Cube version as the designers intended. The reason the Wii version is mirrored is because they needed a right-handed Link to make his sword movement match the waggle controls. Rather than just flip Link and then have to redo all their QA work, they flipped the entire game world instead.

Besides having leftie Link and no waggle controls, the fact that it's HD is just a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Also, you won't have terrible waggle motion controls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both, to be honest I prefer the Wii version. I actually prefer the waggle control and infrared aiming, I enjoyed it a lot.

The HD version does look a little nicer, but I find the standard controls less interesting. Although they did improve a couple of other little things, like your wallet is bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I go with the Wii U version. Together with Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild it can make a nice Wii U trilogy in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
Maybe I go with the Wii U version. Together with Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild it can make a nice Wii U trilogy in my collection.
Good point! I have all those. If you get the HD version you can get the Wolf Link amiibo, which you can also use in Breath of the Wild, it's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not tempt me Have enough to collect with LEGO Dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.