Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can I propose a trade with an user who has no "want in trades"?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would try via GM.
Also, you can always send a trade, even if one (or both) of the sides of the items to trade is empty.
You can still put more information in one of the other fields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geert Vinaskov wrote:
How can I propose a trade with an user who has no "want in trades"?

Thanks

Have patience and don't be surprised if they don't respond to any form of communication (PM, trade rec, etc).

You may need to be ready to purchase from them, if trading isn't there thing - so get your valuations ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check their user profile to make sure they've logged in recently. No point in GMing someone who hasn't signed on in a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, a classic - gamers with 150 games in their "want in trade" list and only Risk and Monopoly in their "for trade" one.

My current way of working is that for me to even propose a trade there's 5 checks. Fail any of them and I'm not even going to bother.

- gamer has real games for trade
- gamer wants games from my list
- gamer logs in every day
- gamer has a good trade rating
- gamer lives close by for shipping purposes

Even with all those checks you only get about a 50% response rate to even an inquiry about a trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
- gamer has real games for trade

What are real games?

The thing is, I'm interested in games that are "lower ranked" by BGG-standards.

Often, these are things like old school games, simple fillers, childrens games, ... I can use them as gifts-for-no-reason for friends or children in the family. I also like bad, unsuccesful, ugly games cause I'm interested in new and different game mechanics.

The problem is that it's very easy to put highprofile games in your want and for trade list, and find matches. I'm looking for someone to trade "piles of not-really games" with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.