Hide
6 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Variants

Subject: Using 3 tile of pyramid powers instead of 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renaud 2
msg tools
What do you think of the idea of using 3 tile for each level of "technologiy" for each pyramid, instead of 4. (and i would always remove the red 4th level techno : initiative).
The purpose it to prevent people from always going to the same combo.
I would do that only with the 4th pyramid from the Ta-Seti extension.

Depending on the tiles removed, this variant might make a color weaker, but would that be a bad thing ?(so more competition on the other colors).

Do you think it would add to the fun/replayability/diversity of games ?
What would be the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I am not sure I understand what is driving you to want to create this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've thought about doing this as well, for the reasons you mention (i.e. greater replayability and diversity across games).

I've never actually done it though, curious how your experience goes.

I don't think it'd be an issue if some colors are made weaker in virtue of what's removed -- after all, no one is forced to focus on what could be a weaker color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Holy
msg tools
I think this is a nice idea, particularly since I have most often been playing Kemet with a group of 3 lately.

In addition to the benefits listed above (increase competition/scarcity and diversify games), could give some less played powers a chance to get on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
In the file section, you can finde a bank tile randomizer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I would only do this if playing with ta seti black tiles in case of playing with higher player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.