Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Game cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
I have just bought the main game of Firefly and was wondering how well the cards hold up to shuffling, i only use card sleeves if i feel the cards warrant them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played my copy a fair bit, and no sign of damage, but I don't have players who are really brutal to cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
I have just bought the main game of Firefly and was wondering how well the cards hold up to shuffling, i only use card sleeves if i feel the cards warrant them.
in all honesty these are probably the best (quality) cards in any game we've played...and we've used these a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot's going to depend on your group. If they're going to eat pizza and play, sleeve them.

Of course, you'll need more storage space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How could anyone dare eating pizza while playing a board game?
This is kind of a sacrilege.

On my game table there is nothing allowed oozing with fat or non-stable glasses, e.g. red wine.

For these drinks I have a sideboard.

On the other hand ... all my precious game cards are sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I decided that if my cards did end up getting a little "rough around the edges" from use, it would only match the theme of Firefly.

Though I haven't really had any problems with any of that (the only cards I've sleeved are the Leader cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has seen quite a bit of play with no sleeves. Between back to back solo sessions and multi-player sessions with different levels of care taken by the players, they've held up quite well. I utilize a custom card holder for managing them, and so the decks aren't being picked up off of the table over and over.

I just recently started noticing rough edges on some of the cards--namely the job cards. No surprises there, as they're handled more roughly than the rest--being held in hand, then set down, picked up, and slid under your ship card. But the being held in fidgety, dirty hands is how cards get most of their wear.

Funny thing, and as testimony to the quality of the cards, the ONLY supply cards that are showing rough edges are those I've printed from printerstudio.com. And I have only been playing with those since last August.

After playing several GF9 titles, I've come to expect some of the highest quality cards and cardboard in board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played 30-40 games with all expansions, and I always rifle shuffle mine. No damage whatsoever these cards are great quality and very durable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone, on what has been said i have decided not to sleeve mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have one nav card that was damaged by shuffling. I fixed it with some glue and it has held up since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.