Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Posible kami for Rising Sun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope Fudo Myo is one of the following kami selected for Rising Sun. Here is a description and an image for those not familiared with his name:
Fudo Myo-o (The Immovable) is one of the fierce guardian deities of the Vajrayana Buddhist cult-or esoteric Buddhism-particularly revered by Buddhist practitioners in Japan. He is a protective deity in shingon Buddhism, for which she is venerated in China, Tibet and Nepal.

It is classified among the vīdyārāja, or kings of wisdom, and belongs to the Myō-ō. With his right hand he wields a flaming sword to cut off the head of evil, and with his left holds a rope to bring his allies afloat. It is placed in the center, among the other four gods located in the four cardinal points.

He is represented surrounded by flames because he fights against evil in the same hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's a buddhist deity, though, not a shinto kami. While they may share influence, I think Eric Lang will stick to the Shinto pantheon.

Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukuyomi, Hachiman, Ryujin, Raijin are confirmed. The last of the 7 core box Kami may well be Izanami (my favorite, Goddess of creation and death), maybe Izanagi, Fuujin (Wind) or Inari (Harvest). Yamata no Orochi may be an option, though it could also be a monster. It's unsure whether there will be more than seven, nothing has leaked to indicate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was not aware of that. Maybe you are right. I´m sorry to aknowloedge that Fudo Myo-o is probably a very long shot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really expecting the Yamata no Orochi to be a monster, but now seeing Susanoo's model having all 8 severed heads I'm not so sure it should be a thing anymore.

Momotarō is a possibility as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.