Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Dominion at the Goodwill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Coco Romo
msg tools
So I was able to find a used copy of Dominion at the Goodwill for $4. It looks pristine but I don't want to count all the cards.Are there particular cards I should ensure are in there before playing the first time? I've never played.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure you have 10 copies of each of the cards you chose to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game will work fine even if your missing a few.
If you have that little insert between the two rows of cards you have a list of every card.

If you are missing an entire set of a card you may want to see what your options are to get those
you NEED copper silver and gold and point cards, which you can buy separate if need be ($10 or so I think)
You want at least 10 of each action card, it comes with 11 but one has a different back but considering I played with that one with the rest for quite a while I think you'd be fine if your using it as a replacement card

All in all I think if your short a few it wont change the game too much. Ask again if you find your missing all the "market" cards or something

You may even be lucky and it might have some cards with blank faces you could use to make proxy cards.

great pickup for $4, hope your group likes it as much as mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coco Romo
msg tools
much thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

The treasure cards are going to be ok if there are a few missing. The victory cards (Provinces, Duchies, and Gardens) should have 12 of each, but if you only ever play two-player, you only need 8. Those are the most important. All of the other kingdom cards (those are the small sets of cards that provide the unique setup each time) should have 10. If you don't want to count them all right now, just count each one as you put it back in the box. I actually do this every single time I clean up, because a card occasionally gets put into the wrong pile. There should be 30 curses, but that only matters if you're playing with 4 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if your set is missing only the following 6 cards:
Adventurer
Chancellor
Feast
Spy
Thief
Woodcutter

Then you got some weird, "limbo edition" that's between 1st edition and 2nd edition

If you want to check the card list, the rulebook should list it. The community wiki on BGG also lists the below (click on the Community Wiki header to expand it:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

500 Cards
◦ 130 Basic Treasure Cards
◾ 60 "Copper" Cards
◾ 40 "Silver" Cards
◾ 30 "Gold" Cards

◦ 48 Basic Victory Cards◾ 24 "Estate" Cards
◾ 12 "Duchy" Cards
◾ 12 "Province" Cards

◦ 252 Kingdom Cards
◾ 10 each of Adventurer, Bureaucrat, Cellar, Chancellor, Chapel, Council Room, Feast, Festival, Laboratory, Library, Market, Militia, Mine, Moat, Moneylender, Remodel, Smithy, Spy, Thief, Throne Room, Village, Witch, Woodcutter, Workshop
◾ 12 Gardens

◦ 30 Curse Cards
◦ 33 Placeholder/"Randomizer" Cards
◦ 7 Blank Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just count the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to add your great thrift find to the weekly Thrift Geeklist!

Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds 20 - 26 March 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
United States
Ontonagon
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.