Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » General

Subject: buying Doomsday enchanchement pack? / are the expansions worth the price? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keine Angabe
msg tools
mb
Hello.
I haven't bought the kickstarter edition. Is there/will there be any way to buy the Doomsday enchenchement pack?
Are the expansion a great addition to the game? (they are quite expansive) I know that in Trickerion the Dark Alley Mode vastly improves the game. Are the expansions like that or more like the Trickerion expansion you can buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Doomsday module comes in the base game, not sure why they got a separate BGG listing.

The exosuit commander pack. Personally I don't feel it's necessary as there's still tons in this game. I only have 2 plays under my belt and we've been adding a new module each play but I don't feel most would do that. My group is insane like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joker9991 wrote:
The Doomsday module comes in the base game, not sure why they got a separate BGG listing.

The exosuit commander pack. Personally I don't feel it's necessary as there's still tons in this game. I only have 2 plays under my belt and we've been adding a new module each play but I don't feel most would do that. My group is insane like that

He's referring to the KS exclusive cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter edition has an additional Doomsday Enhancement pack of extra cards. I think that is what was referenced. Actually I'm not sure if that was a KS exclusive or not. I think there are still cards in my Leaderbox Edition that are not yet opened. I didn't unwrap all of the expansion items yet. I played the base game, then will tackle Chronobot, then base+expansions. There is just so much there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
They were included in the KS Leader pledges and given out at Essen, I believe. I unfortunately haven't played the Doomsday module, yet, so I'm not sure if they make any difference, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Doomsday Enhancement Pack is a 10 card promo pack. It might become available in the BGG store, but according to info from Mindclash during the kickstarter, it will not become available in retail.

The Exosuit Commander Pack includes the Pioneers of New Earth module and the Guardians of the Council module, as well as the Exosuit miniatures. All that was included in the Leader Box from the kickstarter. That is already available at Mindclash's website for $40.

I haven't played either expansion yet, but frankly I'm skeptical if the expansions really make it worth the $40. But, I do think the minis make it well worth the money! I'm not typically a minis gamer, but these are pretty frickin awesome, and they certainly add to the feel of the game in a way the cardboard tokens just can never do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keine Angabe
msg tools
mb
If the Doomsday enhancement pack would be available at the next Spiel in Essen - that would be awesome.
I think the miniatures are not worth 40$ for me. I would just buy another game for that price. I'm a student so I do not have that much money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
Richmond Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meril wrote:
If the Doomsday enhancement pack would be available at the next Spiel in Essen - that would be awesome.
I think the miniatures are not worth 40$ for me. I would just buy another game for that price. I'm a student so I do not have that much money.

Keep in mind that the miniatures come with two modules/expansions to the game, so it's not $40 for just some miniatures. Whether or not that is worth it is up to you, but I would think of it more like buying a set of expansions than a set of fancy pieces (miniatures) and I personally hate playing with the chits instead of the miniatures as they keep everything nice and tidy (no worker chits falling off the exo-suit chits) and make clean up easier for the same reason. Some people don't mind this, but it bothers me. So, again, you'll have to decide if the money is worth it--I think it is, but I don't expect everyone to agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a mini's guy, so the Leader box (during the KS) was a no-brainer for me. I like playing solo (the Chronobot is great), but I admit that from a gameplay standpoint I am slightly less enamored with the minis now. Essentially, they have to sit off your board somewhere. It's a minor thing, but I like keeping my game bits organized. At least with the chits there are places to put them (like a dedicated spot on the Chronobot's board). However, once the exosuits enter play, they are far superior to the chits as far as ease of use when moving your workers around.

But back to the OP's main question--unlike Trickerion, where the expansion was widely considered necessary to flesh out the game, Anachrony feels pretty complete right from the start. I haven't added in any of the extra modules included in the core box (like alternate timelines or Doomsday Module) yet, and I'm having great fun. I'm sure the Doomsday enhancement pack adds a bit to the game, but there is plenty of game there already. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the value of the expansion because I haven't touched Pioneers or Guardians yet (other than using the exosuits from that pack, which are rather impressive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.