Mike Gallagher
United States
flag msg tools
I am thrilled to see that there are people still playing Rise and Decline of the Third Riech. This was my favorite game for many years. i bought the ist edition and upgraded as it went through the 4th edition.
3rd is my favorite.
I take there is no Cyberboard for Third Reich.

I have never played on vassel and would hope to learn a couple of basics:
What I think I know is: Vassel is platform independent and you need to download each game specifically. I suspect it is real time, a problem as I am stationed in England.
I don't know anymore.
I use a MAC (though I have a PC with Windows.
Also anyone wish to try a game with an old hand that will need to read up?

Mike Gallagher
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
flag msg tools
Hi there

I use vassal for a number of different games, although I don't play 3rd reich.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a CB version of the game, although to be sure you'd need to ask somewhere like http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CyberBoardML/ which is the yahoo CB group. You never know, maybe someone has a gamebox that isn't listed at any of the 'official' sites.

Once you've downloaded the main vassal engine, each game is then downloaded specifically (the only exception being Squad Leader/ASL).

It can be played real time, and I suspect this is where most of the action is. It can also be played via e-mail in a similar way to the cyberboard games. How easy this is depends on the game in question - those with more player interaction are harder then straight forward my-turn your-turn games, but there are ways to deal with this.

Using a MAC shouldn't be a problem to my knowledge.

I would love to give you a game, but unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the game yet, so would have no idea how to play - it's on my wishlist though, so maybe one day.

On the vassal page, there should be a list of people who are willing to play each game. You'd could always send out an e-mail to them and see if anyone fancies a game. http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_v... You'll need to log in to be able to send e-mails.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.