Subject: Casual mode and locked scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ezra McNichols
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you had the following hypothetical scenario chains:

5 scenarios in question. 2 Global Achievements, X and Y.

1: Unlocks 2 and 3.
2: Requires Achievement Y incomplete. Grants Achievement X, unlocks 4.
3: Requires Achievement X incomplete. Grants Achievement Y, unlocks 5.

So, you effectively have a choice: 1 -> 2 -> 4 or 1 -> 3 -> 5. Once you complete 2, you can no longer do 3 in campaign mode. You can do 3 in casual mode, but you won't be able to read the story text or unlock #5.

Is there any way to unlock 5 solely for casual mode? You'll never be able to place the sticker on the board, which as I understand it is the sole requirement for doing a story in casual mode. I wouldn't mind so much (except for completeness) except that doing scenario 3 in story mode would make me want to see the next story (even though you aren't meant to read the scenario 3 end text, i inevitably would).

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a scenario flow chart in the files section (it spoils links, but not content). We're tracking our progress with it, and when we're done we'll be able to see exactly what scenarios we've missed out on by our story decisions... Our plan is to then return to those critical turning points, and explore the other forks in the path as a "what if we had done otherwise" kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you play a separate campaign with another party?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Candi wrote:
There's a scenario flow chart in the files section (it spoils links, but not content). We're tracking our progress with it, and when we're done we'll be able to see exactly what scenarios we've missed out on by our story decisions... Our plan is to then return to those critical turning points, and explore the other forks in the path as a "what if we had done otherwise" kind of thing.

This is my plan too. I'm not sure I'll place the stickers on the board, but after we finish all the scenarios we are permitted to do, we are likely going to go back through and just play the ones that aren't part of our campaign for funzies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.