Subject: This is the End, my friends, the End rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Well, for a few minutes anyway...

http://us.cnn.com/2017/03/16/us/great-american-eclipse-trnd/...

I'll be in the "75% covered" zone. Ought to be cool, especially during a hot August day on the Great Plains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to start a cult. Anyone know a good offshore bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think Lincoln's due for a full minute of total eclipse, but if we drive about an hour south we'd be right in the middle of the path for the full three minutes of totality.

Looks like it's not too expensive to jury-rig a solar filter for my camera, so it should be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
I think Lincoln's due for a full minute of total eclipse, but if we drive about an hour south we'd be right in the middle of the path for the full three minutes of totality.

Looks like it's not too expensive to jury-rig a solar filter for my camera, so it should be fun.
You can't take pictures during the Red Hour, there is rioting to be done! You are not of the body!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm old school... I Am Legend loner.

When I see the dog, I know my time is near an end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
toku42 wrote:

You can't take pictures during the Red Hour, there is rioting to be done! You are not of the body!

I thought this was about an eclipse, not Night of the Comet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family and I will be traveling to South Carolina to view the eclipse. The center of the eclipse path is only about an hour north of Charleston. We will then continue on to spend a few days in Myrtle beach. Nearly two and a half minutes of totality for us ! Sweet.

For more info than you could ever possibly want to know about the eclipse see here. They even have an interactive google map showing the path of the eclipse

http://www.eclipse2017.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
What about an Umbra-Ball Run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be foregoing the eclipse, partly because accommodation is looking to be insanely expensive, but mostly because I just don't want to travel in the US right now. There are total eclipses almost every year, I'll save my money and see on in the future in a country where I feel more comfortable.
(Or wait until 2024 when the eclipse passes right by Toronto)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo llyboat
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live about 50 miles from the eclipse path in Oregon. Watching it over the Pacific would be great, but the coast can be foggy. So I think I'll be heading to eastern Oregon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved my hotel room in Portland 365 days early. We'll find a place along the roads somewhere in the path of totality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
I'll be foregoing the eclipse, partly because accommodation is looking to be insanely expensive, but mostly because I just don't want to travel in the US right now. There are total eclipses almost every year, I'll save my money and see on in the future in a country where I feel more comfortable.
(Or wait until 2024 when the eclipse passes right by Toronto)
Maybe Canada should build a wall so you could feel more comfortable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.