Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarifications and questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC Stefansson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
1) Does Piett's action card prevent escape for ALL of combat, or simply for one combat round (as with most other things)?

2) To win, the Imperials must 'control the system' containing the Rebel base. Is it sufficient to simply seize control of the ground? It was my understanding that 'control' is defined on the ground. Specific scenario was this: Imperial player had determined where I was when I brought my fleet out to crush a patrol he had in the area. However, his next nearest force was 4 moves away by shortest distance, so I was taking my time moving the base. However, he gets Veers and drops Planetary Assault on me, and the force overwhelms my ground units. However, I had 2 Mon Cals, a Corvette, several starfighters and a transport in orbit. At the time, I thought I had lost the game, but re-read of the rules has made me unclear.

3) Are Rebel Leaders affected by Lure of the Dark Side still considered Rebel Leaders? AKA, are they 'captured' for the purpose of the objective card "no captured rebel leaders", or targetable by interrogation and hte like? I assume not, as the text of Lure says they become Imperial Leaders.

4) With action cards in general, the leader pictured MUST be present in the system where the card is being played correct? Also, 'Assignment" Action cards are functionally like Mission cards, in that you play them facedown during assignment with the leader on them, is this correct? Therefore, if I want to use Chewbacca's Wookie Guardian to cancel a mission, Chewbacca must be in the system to oppose hte mission.

5) Tactics cards are discarded at the end of combat, and only drawn once per combat, not once per combat round correct?
5a) Is there any limit on the number of tactics cards one can play, and can one draw tactics cards (via dice) and then play them immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Jancarius wrote:
1) Does Piett's action card prevent escape for ALL of combat, or simply for one combat round (as with most other things)?

2) To win, the Imperials must 'control the system' containing the Rebel base. Is it sufficient to simply seize control of the ground? It was my understanding that 'control' is defined on the ground. Specific scenario was this: Imperial player had determined where I was when I brought my fleet out to crush a patrol he had in the area. However, his next nearest force was 4 moves away by shortest distance, so I was taking my time moving the base. However, he gets Veers and drops Planetary Assault on me, and the force overwhelms my ground units. However, I had 2 Mon Cals, a Corvette, several starfighters and a transport in orbit. At the time, I thought I had lost the game, but re-read of the rules has made me unclear.

3) Are Rebel Leaders affected by Lure of the Dark Side still considered Rebel Leaders? AKA, are they 'captured' for the purpose of the objective card "no captured rebel leaders", or targetable by interrogation and hte like? I assume not, as the text of Lure says they become Imperial Leaders.

4) With action cards in general, the leader pictured MUST be present in the system where the card is being played correct? Also, 'Assignment" Action cards are functionally like Mission cards, in that you play them facedown during assignment with the leader on them, is this correct? Therefore, if I want to use Chewbacca's Wookie Guardian to cancel a mission, Chewbacca must be in the system to oppose hte mission.

5) Tactics cards are discarded at the end of combat, and only drawn once per combat, not once per combat round correct?
5a) Is there any limit on the number of tactics cards one can play, and can one draw tactics cards (via dice) and then play them immediately?

1)

I don't have the card handy but if it says for the first round then it's only the first round. If it says "They can't escape" then they can't escape. Period.

2) The empire wins if: "The Imperial player wins the game immediately if there are
Imperial units in the Rebel base’s system and there are no
Rebel units in the system"

Have you read the full Rules Refrence? It sounds like you read the learn to play and not the rules reference. The Rules Refrence are the actual rules. The learn to play is just a quick start guide and overview.

3) No. When you become an imperial leader you are no longer a "rebel leader"

4)Yes A leader on the action card must be present in the system where you are playing the card.
As for assignment cards those are played immediately in your assignment phase. Before you even assign missions. So You actually have the chance to assign missions after seeing how your assignment cards worked out. But remember rebels have their assignment phase first then empire. This is why "Catch Them By Surprise" is such a powerful card.

Wookie Guardian is not an assignment action card. You play it in response to a covert ops mission being attempted in Chewies system. You can always keep Chewie in the pool and then when the empire attempts a covert ops mission you bring him in to oppose and then play the card to auto fail it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1) Depends on the wording of the card. If memory serves, I don't think it specifies only the first round...

2) Imperial win if A) the base is revealed and there are imperial units and no rebel units (of any kind) in the base system, or B) the base system is destroyed.

3) Lured leaders are Imperial leaders.

4) Yes to the first question. No to the second. Assignment phase action cards are resolved completely during your turn in the assignment phase.

5) Correct, although shield generators can cause them to be drawn at the beginning of every ground battle step.

5a) No and yes, respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.