5 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sea monster legal zones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G H
Germany
flag msg tools
So I finally received the rest of my pledge (except for the dice ): ) and I'm even more confused now with sea monster movement.

I have learned so far it may move like a hero, so it moves 2 zones per movement point. I have also learned I don't replace a gank plank, if there's a sea monster. But what about legal movement zones?

Sea dragon: sea zones only

Siren: Deployed next to a sea zone, so I'd suppose it can move on ships and gank planks. Can it move in sea zones?

Avater of Poseidon: Deployed on a gank plank, so I'd suppose it can move on ships and gank planks. Can it move in sea zones?

Shell cracker: Deployed on a friendly deployment zone, so I'd suppose it can move on ships and gank planks. Can it move in sea zones?

I have to say it's really not all that clear for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my Wave 2 shipment yet, but I suspect the general idea is that they will function like normal heroes except as noted on the card. So the Sea Dragon must be deployed in a sea and can only move through sea zones; the others don't identify any exceptions other than deployment, so that should be the only exception in regard to movement and deployment.

Mind you, it's just a theory. But it seems like a solid one in the absence of any evidence to the contrary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal H├ębert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And what happens if a Sea Monster is thrown Overboard? (Think Sudden Tidal Wave Tide Card here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutenkharnage wrote:
I don't have my Wave 2 shipment yet, but I suspect the general idea is that they will function like normal heroes except as noted on the card. So the Sea Dragon must be deployed in a sea and can only move through sea zones; the others don't identify any exceptions other than deployment, so that should be the only exception in regard to movement and deployment.

Mind you, it's just a theory. But it seems like a solid one in the absence of any evidence to the contrary.

I would have to agree, I think they would move like a Hero would the rest of the game. How they spawn is just a special way they come into the board, but with the exception of the Sea Dragon, I would think they would move as normal.

That's just my option on how I interpret the rulebook tho.

DrWalterBishop wrote:
And what happens if a Sea Monster is thrown Overboard? (Think Sudden Tidal Wave Tide Card here)

I don't know if they can be knocked overboard with the Sudden Tidal Wave tide card. The Sea Monster act like Heroes (meaning they copy how heroes move and do actions) but are not heroes. Sudden tidal wave KOs crew and rolls dice for heroes only, so I can see them not being targeted...

In the case tho that they are thrown overboard for any reason, like in the case that I'm wrong and Sudden Tidal Wave does work or because of other affects, you would probably redeploy them like you would a hero, following their specific spawn instructions, when you activate them.

Again just my opinion tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G H
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for your input. I did not come up with the idea that they would be treated as normal heroes, except for the sea dragon. As the latter one came with the core game, I didn't think of it to be the exception from the rule.

Following these assumptions I'd treat a sea monster that goes over board to come back like any other hero. A way of going over board btw is to spawn the avatar of poseidon and then have the plank knocked away by a sea dragon. Although one might still argue why that avatar can't actually move in sea zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.