Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
There it is... we knew a figure explosion had to be coming sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest $50 I've spent on KS in quite a while. Great add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I quite agree. Also, if 20k of the current 23k backers get this add-on that will be another cool $1 Million. I am getting even more school-girl giddy than before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this will push us through the 5 other Kami so we can start seeing some actual stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xanofere wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I quite agree. Also, if 20k of the current 23k backers get this add-on that will be another cool $1 Million. I am getting even more school-girl giddy than before.

Is *that* what their name stands for? "Cool Million Or Not"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow they already took down the last goal and have a non kami goal, makes me happy they took a detour! I was getting disheartened by the past before, knowing that the Kami might have been all we saw for awhile. They made a good choice adding a new monster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And an odd one at that, enter the evil tree! A fair variety!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
I greatly prefer the art style (gods) of the expansion over the monsters in the base game. The normal monsters seems almost horror themed in comparison, which just seems like a strange choice for an area control game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
Taluagel wrote:
Hopefully this will push us through the 5 other Kami so we can start seeing some actual stretch goals.

Start seeing?
5 Kami with the current 130k stretches is 650k in it self (and they will prolly stretch it out even further). Add a couple monster in between, and you are at another million needed.

Only 14 days to go. Before the add-on the funding was down to 35k / day. (which was dropping each day, and apart from the add-on rush, it will continue to do so)

Yes, add-on buying will give boost. But as mentioned above you: to get that 1 million you need pretty much everyone else to get the add-on.

So apart from those 5 Kami and a couple more monsters, you wont see much else in my opinion. Nothing groundbreaking at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike225BGG wrote:
Taluagel wrote:

Start seeing?
5 Kami with the current 130k stretches is 650k in it self (and they will prolly stretch it out even further). Add a couple monster in between, and you are at another million needed.

Only 14 days to go. Before the add-on the funding was down to 35k / day. (which was dropping each day, and apart from the add-on rush, it will continue to do so)

Yes, add-on buying will give boost. But as mentioned above you: to get that 1 million you need pretty much everyone else to get the add-on.

So apart from those 5 Kami and a couple more monsters, you wont see much else in my opinion. Nothing groundbreaking at least.

Don't be distracted by mid-campaign low daily funding. KS always goes this way. This campaign is on pace to clear over a million dollars on its final day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lucas
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Interesting. This literally almost made me back out of my pledge :/

I don't like the idea of breaking up competition for monsters and I figure I'll get it for half price later on down the line if this is a favorite game.

Honestly making the plastic strongholds exclusive really pisses me off. In a game where there's so much plastic on the board I think the cardboard tokens will get lost on the map. Plastic alliance markers are purely cosmetic but the strongholds will negatively effect the gameplay.

I almost dropped my pledge because it would bother me to have different strongholds, then I just realized if I end up buying the expansion later I'll just use wrong colored strongholds for the factions in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Østergaard
msg tools
CameronWLucas wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I don't like the idea of breaking up competition for monsters and I figure I'll get it for half price later on down the line if this is a favorite game.

I thought about that, but you always play with the same amount of monsters no matter player count, so competition for monsters is never equal anyway. Also, it seems like there aren't a ton of monsters every season, so we're talking about fairly few cards you can buy being exclusive. Lastly, I assume it is part of the clan's balance.

I think it will create interesting dynamics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CameronWLucas wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Honestly making the plastic strongholds exclusive really pisses me off. In a game where there's so much plastic on the board I think the cardboard tokens will get lost on the map. Plastic alliance markers are purely cosmetic but the strongholds will negatively effect the gameplay.

I almost dropped my pledge because it would bother me to have different strongholds, then I just realized if I end up buying the expansion later I'll just use wrong colored strongholds for the factions in play.

The problem with including the plastic pieces at retail is that none of the other plastic pieces are going to be at retail. To maintain consistency with the retail product, the tokens need to be offered in cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CameronWLucas wrote:

Agreed that exclusives like this are annoying, though I'd describe it as more of an aesthetic effect, rather than a gameplay effect. (The Fox clan is a gameplay effect.) While KS backers deserve to get additional value for their long-term investment in games like this, it seems more reasonable to provide that value in the form of bonus stuff that will be available for extra cost (in expansions) to retail buyers. For Rising Sun, I'd prefer to see the component upgrades like the plastic markers and strongholds be available in a "Deluxe Upgrade" for later buyers. That way we backers get our bonus toys, later purchasers can still acquire the goodies, for a cost, and CMON can make extra bucks as a reward for making a good product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lucas
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
CameronWLucas wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

The problem with including the plastic pieces at retail is that none of the other plastic pieces are going to be at retail. To maintain consistency with the retail product, the tokens need to be offered in cardboard.

Yeah but I wish the plastic strongholds were included in the retail game too. I'm ok with the other plastic upgrades being KSE, but those just feel too necessary for a good experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the KS exclusives is why I'm backing this game now as opposed to later. I would of bought Blood Rage but between the KS exclusives and the secondary market scalpers I have no interest. Some people don't care and buy it anyway, but I'm of the opinion that gameplay exclusives hurt FLGS sales. The aesthetic upgrades do less harm but I still like to have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
CameronWLucas wrote:
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
CameronWLucas wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Yeah but I wish the plastic strongholds were included in the retail game too. I'm ok with the other plastic upgrades being KSE, but those just feel too necessary for a good experience.

I'd hope the game would still be a good experience with just tokens and wooden cubes. The minis might look cool and add to the feel, but hopefully it's a good game that they are adding to rather than something necessary for enjoyment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
My main point of concern is that the Moon clans seems to directly compete with the Turtles for lowest honour. And on the other side of the spectrum, Koi and Sun clan are very unlikely allies as they both compete for top honour. Which would imply that picking one of these 4 clans will limit your possibilities whenever the opposite clan is also picked.

Next to that I simply am not a fan of TOO much stuff that adds varations yet more to the core game. In my opinion Kami and Monsters would have been more than sufficient.
I am not convinced we really needed the extra Gods complexity layer. It feels a bit like the gods of Asgard expansion.

I am happy with the 2 new clans (which was very predictable, I'm happy with another female Daimyo).
And I'm ok with the KSE tokens; it was exactly the same in Blood Rage. You can always play with the cardboard tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
Spike225BGG wrote:
Taluagel wrote:

Start seeing?

Don't be distracted by mid-campaign low daily funding. KS always goes this way. This campaign is on pace to clear over a million dollars on its final day.

I know it will pick up on the late days. What I simply meant is that I dont think it will get that much more total funding to see a lot of new, unexpected stretch goals after the Kamis. As clearing the already anticipated ones will take ~another million.
As the quote said to "start seeing some actual stretch goals" means to me a good chunk of new SGs, which would mean the KS will do like another total of ~1,7-2 million in these past 2 weeks. And I dont think it will is what I am saying.

Of course I could be wrong though. It will be nice to find out.
Actually I follow the KS more for interest in campaign trends, backer trends, CMON marketing strategy, than SG reveals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ragaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why but I think I'm gonna skip this one.

In our group, chances of playing this game with 6 are rather slim. So we can leave out a different clan each time we play and we'll have had 6 totally different games. And no one will have played with the same clan twice. After which we can start over.

How many plays are you realistically going to have for this game? I'd love to say I'll play it 20-30 times in 2018 but that's not gonna happen. I'll be siked if I get 10 plays in before year's end.

Also, not a big fan of the Gods which can only be played by the Sun and Moon clans while they can't play any monsters. I know Rising Sun is an unbalanced game, but this feels a bit much.

So I'll let you guys cough up $50 and get me those nice stretch goals, like the freakin' zombie-tree. Holy crap, that's scary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
WrigleyScott wrote:
I know Rising Sun is an unbalanced game, but this feels a bit much.

Not sure if asymmetry necessarily means unbalance.
But I admit, with so many differences between the clans .. will there eventually prove to be a few siginificantly weaker and a few significantly stronger ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
My main point of concern is that the Moon clans seems to directly compete with the Turtles for lowest honour. And on the other side of the spectrum, Koi and Sun clan are very unlikely allies as they both compete for top honour. Which would imply that picking one of these 4 clans will limit your possibilities whenever the opposite clan is also picked.

I actually think this might be very interesting, and force some clans to "break their mold" if it does end up happening. Besides, we have seen from the gameplay video that honor changes all the time and quite substantially, AND that a clan needs not to stick to their starting honor to be successful!

Beowulf wrote:
Next to that I simply am not a fan of TOO much stuff that adds varations yet more to the core game. In my opinion Kami and Monsters would have been more than sufficient.
I am not convinced we really needed the extra Gods complexity layer. It feels a bit like the gods of Asgard expansion.

I don't really see much resemblance with the gods of Asgard, which were big general effects. These clans simply have a choice of 2-3 different monsters er season, among all the other shared upgrades. It really doesn't seem that big of a deal to me

Teowulff wrote:
I am happy with the 2 new clans (which was very predictable, I'm happy with another female Daimyo).
And I'm ok with the KSE tokens; it was exactly the same in Blood Rage. You can always play with the cardboard tokens.

Yes and yes! Quite impressed by the Sun shinto design as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.