Subject: A few questions on when things happen. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Bly
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
If I place a mint on, say, the Producer, do I immediately get two mints or do I wait until the Upkeep phase?

Also, can I purchase a plan by placing mints on the Supplier, then immediately build it during the same turn by placing mints on the Builder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonbobbly wrote:
If I place a mint on, say, the Producer, do I immediately get two mints or do I wait until the Upkeep phase?

Immediately

jonbobbly wrote:
Also, can I purchase a plan by placing mints on the Supplier, then immediately build it during the same turn by placing mints on the Builder?

Not the same turn, but in the same round, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Bly
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Oh, there's a difference between turn and round? I've been playing where each player places all mints, then the other (AI) player does.

I'm guessing one player gets to place a mint, then the next player and so on until no more mints can be placed. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:

jonbobbly wrote:

Not the same turn, but in the same round, yes.

To add clarification: A turn is when you place your mints on one of the available action spaces. You get one turn before the next player takes their turn.

A round is the time between upkeep. A round lasts for as long as players continue to take turns. Therfore, you only get back to back turns if all other players "pass." Once players are out of mints the round ends and upkeep begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Bly
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Thank you! This has been very helpful. Maybe now I'll be able to start winning games against the AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the players take turns. On your turn you can use the available action space of one card, or you can pass. When all players pass, proceed to checking for winner, upkeep, and end of the round.

Note that the rules changed slightly between PNP and production: In the final version, you can pass during one turn of a round, and still take an action in a later turn; you aren't out for good if you pass. The round ends only when all players pass consecutively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
...you can pass during one turn of a round, and still take an action in a later turn; you aren't out for good if you pass.

Ooooh! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.