Codeword Cromwell: The German Invasion of England, 8 June 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: German Invader question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Marshall
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok after three years I finally decided to play this game. Looking it over wished I had not waited so long.

When the German units start off from their activation (say you have 4 para squads) I assume they all move together on their LOA towards the church?

German Armor only comes into play at certain point on the invasion track?

Off board people and items at setup, including the car and motorcycle only come into play through event cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The regiments move together. Like, the 7th all moves together, the 22nd all moves together. (I may be remembering those numbers wrong.)

2.Correct.

3. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Marshall
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback.

One thing that I was wondering if I was understanding right. When you first activate a German regiment, say the 7th, and you roll for the number and their access point. Say you rolled for 4 to be active

Do you continue to roll for locations for the rest of that unit in that turn?

or
Will the remaining counters of that unit be used to activated later or as replacement for the other if they are taken out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo B-D
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jam920 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

One thing that I was wondering if I was understanding right. When you first activate a German regiment, say the 7th, and you roll for the number and their access point. Say you rolled for 4 to be active

Do you continue to roll for locations for the rest of that unit in that turn?

or
Will the remaining counters of that unit be used to activated later or as replacement for the other if they are taken out?

For every German unit-group you roll, if they activated, every turn where they enter the map.
1. you roll for the direction
2. you roll for the unit numbers enter
3. you roll the for square, where the unit stack enter the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Marshall
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok so the way I understand it, the units from a activated unit never stop coming through out the game. Only thing that limits them is how many enter the board at one time, unless all are on the board.

So if if 3 squads are taken out on a turn, and say the rest of that Regiments squads are in play the next turn 3 more can come back?

All above is true if one or more German Regiments have been activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jam920 wrote:
Ok so the way I understand it, the units from a activated unit never stop coming through out the game. Only thing that limits them is how many enter the board at one time, unless all are on the board.

So if if 3 squads are taken out on a turn, and say the rest of that Regiments squads are in play the next turn 3 more can come back?

All above is true if one or more German Regiments have been activated.

German units that are killed remain off the board on their KIA side until the end of the next German placement phase. Then they are turned over and will be available for placement on the turn following. So, in effect, they lose 1 turn when they are killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.