Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As we all know by now, popular voter loser Donald Trump complained about how much Obama went golfing but has so far vastly outpaced the former president in that pursuit. See for example, Trump beats Obama and Bush in race to the golf course, where we learn that
Quote:
President Barack Obama made it four months into his presidency before his first golf outing as commander in chief. George W. Bush made it even longer, first hitting the links as president about 5 ½ months into his first term.

Donald Trump made it two weeks before heading to the golf course.

Now, today we find out that Trump golf is different than Obama golf. To wit:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Yeah, Obama going golfing with John Boehner to talk about sequestration was just two bros chillin' and shooting 40s with their blunts....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did complain that Obama rarely used his golfing to work on relationships with Congresscritters (of either party).

If Trump is using his golfing to conduct business discussions, he should be disclosing his golfing partners and related information rather than sneaking away from the press corps to golf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
popular voter loser Donald Trump

Is this an obligatory qualifier now?

Like "The Failing New York Times"?

EDIT: Back OT: Trump golfing, great! Obama golfing, sad.

"I've always dreamt of becoming a golf club."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose anything that has Trump out of the white house could be said to "advance US interests"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
popular voter loser Donald Trump

Is this an obligatory qualifier now?

Should be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't want Spicer's job for all the money Trump never paid the people he owed.

I just wish the "billionaire" would stop taking a vacation every frickin' weekend on the taxpayer's money. Maybe this weekend he just wanted to go to the Arnold Palmer Invitational to pick Emiliano Grillo's club out of the lake. laugh

All of which reminds me--can't wait to see how he gets out of donating his salary at the end of the year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmb
You people! This is the glue that locks together the two parties, the adhesive that binds us all together. Mocking the President for golfing. Do you want us to have nothing in common at all? Why do you hate America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
I suppose anything that has Trump out of the white house could be said to "advance US interests"...

This, Pete, this is just wishful thinking. If the man has access to a phone, and Fox news, he's a danger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:

This, Pete, this is just wishful thinking. If the man has access to a phone, and Fox news, he's a danger.

His twitter feed is only dangerous if people pay attention to it (particularly the media). Which is why I've been suggesting we all treat it with complete and utter contempt (again, particularly the media).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:

His twitter feed is only dangerous if people pay attention to it (particularly the media). Which is why I've been suggesting we all treat it with complete and utter contempt (again, particularly the media).

More wishful thinking! From his fingers, to the world's ears. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:

More wishful thinking! From his fingers, to the world's ears. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!!

I think most of the rest of the world is realizing he's just a blithering idiot with little ability to accomplish anything. We're the ones lagging behind on that front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
I did complain that Obama rarely used his golfing to work on relationships with Congresscritters (of either party).

If Trump is using his golfing to conduct business discussions, he should be disclosing his golfing partners and related information rather than sneaking away from the press corps to golf.

yeah but it's a lot harder to ask for bribes right in front of the press
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:

yeah but it's a lot harder to ask for bribes right in front of the press

And to cheat on your golf score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:

I think most of the rest of the world is realizing he's just a blithering idiot with little ability to accomplish anything. We're the ones lagging behind on that front.

He's a blithering idiot who can do massive damage to the u.s. and the world.. with the collaboration of the republican party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you think it's even slightly hypocritical that the left is now suddenly concerned about golf? And how they weren't concerned when Obama played golf? They haven't been this concerned about golf playing since Bush did it.

And how the right isn't concerned about golf now, even though they were super concerned when Obama played golf?

Almost as if... as if... people only care when a president from the opposition party plays golf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Don't you think it's even slightly hypocritical that the left is now suddenly concerned about golf? And how they weren't concerned when Obama played golf? They haven't been this concerned about golf playing since Bush did it.

And how the right isn't concerned about golf now, even though they were super concerned when Obama played golf?

Almost as if... as if... people only care when a president from the opposition party plays golf.

Few would care about mr. trump playing golf if he hadn't criticized mr. obama many times for playing golf over the span of several years and then played even more golf than mr. obama had once he (mr. trump) took office.

http://www.vogue.com/article/6-things-trump-criticized-obama...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

Few would care about mr. trump playing golf if he hadn't criticized mr. obama many times for playing golf over several years and then played even more golf once he took office.

http://www.vogue.com/article/6-things-trump-criticized-obama...

Yeah, for the most part (I'm sure there are exceptions) the golf calling is a matter of being snarky about hypocrisy. I certainly don't care about Trump or Obama playing golf, but if you are going to have been a whiner about it while the last guy was in charge, you had damn well do better yourself.

I'm really becoming increasingly live by the sword, die by the sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
I've always been concerned about golf - in fact I will go as far as to say I detest golf.

It ruins a perfectly good walk. <rim shot>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

Context. People didn't give Bush jr. shut for his 'working vacations' at his Texas ranch or his golf trios, at least not outside of the wings. Bush's vacationing habits only came up in comparison once people started criticizing Obama's habits, and even then it wasn't to vilify Bush, just to emphasize that Obama's patterns were not abnormal.

Fast forward to Trump. He was a big critic of Obama on vacations and ran on draininv the swamp and being a good business man and bringing that to the white house. He has increased the vacation time slent by an krder of magnitude even in his first few months. He funnels public money into his own businesses every time he goes on vacation in a blatently corrupt cycle. He vacations reoeatedly in the same place csusing upheaval and strife for parts of the local economy (there is an airport within Margo-a-Largo's exclusion zone that is dieing a slow death only being open 4 1/2 days a week now and none of that weekends. He is doing the opposite of everything he has claimed, so it's important and not even remotely hypocisy.

Your attemot to create an equivilence in the behaviors and the decrying is dishonest and harmful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

I've always felt that the president is entitled to take occasional time off at taxpayer expense. Trump taxes every weekend off and literally writes himself enormous checks of your money for his time off.

It's not hypocrisy to say "I don't mind taking you out for fast food and having me pay McDonalds for the tab once a month but going to your own restaurant every night and sending me a $1000 bill which you are paying to yourself for the claimed cost is a bit much".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump probably plays better and wins more (no idea, just a guess), though I suspect Obama enjoys it more.

I see Trump as more a "played it, done it, let's move on" guy, whereas Obama is more an "analytical, what happened right/wrong" guy. No idea of course; I don't think I've ever been within 1000 miles of either man playing golf.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it enlightening that, other than Ferretman, there are no Republicans who are posting here, lambasting Trump for his hypocrisy with regard to this golf issue. I am guessing it's because Trumps hypocrisy is indefensible.

He made it a point to continually berate Obama about his vacations, and his golf outings, and yet, Trump is beating him in numbers hands down. And Secret Service Protection and other related travel expenses are not running cheap for Trump. I saw an article somewhere that indicated he has spent taxpayers have paid (to date) upwards of 10 million for those expenses, more than Obama spent in his first 11 months in office. Ouch, looks like you and I are getting stuck with the bill for his lifestyle tendencies. But hey, he is draining the swamp, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
I find it enlightening that, other than Ferretman, there are no Republicans who are posting here, lambasting Trump for his hypocrisy with regard to this golf issue. I am guessing it's because Trumps hypocrisy is indefensible.

He made it a point to continually berate Obama about his vacations, and his golf outings, and yet, Trump is beating him in numbers hands down. And Secret Service Protection and other related travel expenses are not running cheap for Trump. I saw an article somewhere that indicated he has spent taxpayers have paid (to date) upwards of 10 million for those expenses, more than Obama spent in his first 11 months in office. Ouch, looks like you and I are getting stuck with the bill for his lifestyle tendencies. But hey, he is draining the swamp, right?

Try not to think too much about how much of that money is going back to Trump because he's playing on a Trump course at a Trump club, while staying at a Trump resort . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
I wouldn't want Spicer's job for all the money Trump never paid the people he owed.

I just wish the "billionaire" would stop taking a vacation every frickin' weekend on the taxpayer's money. Maybe this weekend he just wanted to go to the Arnold Palmer Invitational to pick Emiliano Grillo's club out of the lake. laugh

All of which reminds me--can't wait to see how he gets out of donating his salary at the end of the year!

We should set up a petition poll on that govt site requesting he donate his salary to either the ACLU or Planned Parenthood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.