Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I missed this, but how many of each symbol are on the Fyrd Dice?

All the dice from the viking and English factions are in the rules, But I can't find the Fyrd Dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I am curious about this too.

Fyrd units are all removed at the end of each battle and fled units are removed from the board instead of getting placed in the fled units spot.

The draft rulebook says they do not use command decisions (which makes sense since they are all removed after a battle anyways).

I think it would be cool if Fyrd dice had no blank sides ... maybe 3 hits and 3 flee sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

Fyrd units are all removed at the end of each battle and fled units are removed from the board instead of getting placed in the fled units spot.

The draft rulebook says they do not use command decisions (which makes sense since they are all removed after a battle anyways).

I think it would be cool if Fyrd dice had no blank sides ... maybe 3 hits and 3 flee sides?
Considering that they are meant to be crappy cannon fodder I'd place my bet on 2 hits, 3 flee, and a blank (which is just "no effect" due to not moving to other areas) There'd be no reason to say that they may not use command decisions if they don't have any on their dice.
3 hits is better than Thegns, would be really weird to me if that was the case.

EDIT: Just saw that the planning map stretch goal picture looks like it shows the Fyrd dice sides and it seems to be what I predicted above. Pretty small picture though so I may be mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Considering that they are meant to be crappy cannon fodder I'd place my bet on 2 hits, 3 flee, and a blank (which is just "no effect" due to not moving to other areas) There'd be no reason to say that they may not use command decisions if they don't have any on their dice.

EDIT: Just saw that the planning map stretch goal picture looks like it shows the Fyrd dice sides and it seems to be what I predicted above. Pretty small picture though so I may be mistaken.

I agree, the planning board does appear to show 2 swords, 3 horns, and a blank face for the Fyrd dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

During a playtest I got my butt handed to me by the "crappy cannon fodder". Apparently that village, on that turn, had had enough of the Vikings and the Fyrd wiped them out!

It's crazy rolls like this that make other people playing more boring games glare at you for being too loud...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim of Academy wrote:
During a playtest I got my butt handed to me by the "crappy cannon fodder". Apparently that village, on that turn, had had enough of the Vikings and the Fyrd wiped them out!

It's crazy rolls like this that make other people playing more boring games glare at you for being too loud...
Reminds me of the 1775 game where my opponents loyalists just weren't feeling it. They must have rolled two or three times as many flees than hits that entire game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Höglund
Sweden
flag msg tools
I think they should be weaker then Thegns. So 1 hit would be more fitting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascotlinus wrote:
I think they should be weaker then Thegns. So 1 hit would be more fitting?

They have 1 flee result more than the Thegns, which means they won't stay around for long. They already are weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thegn dice have 2 swords, 2 horns, and 2 blank

Fyrd have 2 swords, 3 horns and 1 blank

The Fyrd are removed from the game if they roll a horn, they can't use command decisions, and are all removed at the end of a battle.

I'd say they are way weaker than Thegn units as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
This "crappy cannon fodder" is, historically, the majority of a medieval army. Sure they have a large number of casualties but to their sheer numbers, they're inflicting some heavy casualties on the other side too.

A Shield Wall needs numbers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.