11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: ManHunter, First Hero or Campaigns of Death? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anon Anon
msg tools
Hi all,

Just wondering if you had to pick one of the three to add to your pledge which would it be?

Currently have

Base
Gamblers
FK
DBK
DK
Gorm

Nightmare Ram
Screaming God

Also Tempted by Black Knight and Pariah but I think one of the above in the title might be a better choice?

Unique nemesis encounter, tried and tested + get earlier

Cool way to try different stages of campaign + mix things up

Campaign flexibility + lots of replay value + customising

I'm edging towards Manhunter but i'm eager to see which people think is the better option, thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems not very worth to pick Campaign of Dearg in this case. When only 6current expansions
And First Hero only if you wanna play a lot of late games

So, if I were u, I would say Manhunter,

Although I would buy People of Woods instead (probably need to give up one of your choices new expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Free
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh, I would agree. You might not have enough orig expansions for Campaigns of Death to be useful, but we just don't know at this point. It could be worthwhile.

I would say, since you're getting Flower Knight and Dung Beetle Knight, that the Abyssal Forest expansion would be a really good pick. It would have a ton of enemies and a new campaign. I don't know if I would swap out any in your first list, since they are all good picks (base, gambler, FK, DBK, DK, and Gorm - all great and known)

Also, of your choices, plus the ones you are tempted for, I might actually suggest Black Knight - it seems to have an interesting hunt, and some cool armor that you won't be able to get all of in one game, so you can get some replayability there. Also, it has a short mini-campaign, so that will provide some fun as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
cori226 wrote:
Seems not very worth to pick Campaign of Dearg in this case. When only 6current expansions
And First Hero only if you wanna play a lot of late games

So, if I were u, I would say Manhunter,

Although I would buy People of Woods instead (probably need to give up one of your choices new expansion)

Can't add Abyssal Woods without adding Spidicules as well. Could get Spidicules by dropping Screaming God but it's still +$120 extra over what was planned, so probably a no go.

Manhunter is fine, but I'd probably spend an extra $10 and get one of Frogdog, Oblivion Mosquito, or Honeycomb Weaver (all node 1 or 2, you have 3 3s) because quarries generally deliver much more bang for buck. Nemesis monsters just don't change the game as much as quarries because you'll fight them so few times (Manhunter only 3 times in a 30 or 35LY campaign).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I chose a similar selection and since I am also are getting the Screaming God, I chose the First Hero because this beast is soo far away without him.

Personally, I went for Slenderman instead of Nightmare Ram. I adore both models, the ram has a better discount and probably a much better value for money, but Slenderman replaces the Kingsman, is well tested and I wanted to include a new Nemesis because I have so many quarries. If Slendy is not for you, maybe you take Manhunter instead of the ram...? Now that I think about it I am still on the fence between the ram and a nemesis^^ It occassionally pops up in my mind that I have new Nemeses from the GC I tend to forget...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly? None of the above.

IIRC, GC has 2 Nemesis Encounters, so you don't "need" Manhunter.

First Hero is if you have lots of late game content.

FK & DK both give different campaigns.

Of the 5 things you listed, Black Knight is probably the most interesting because it has a mini-campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italic Font
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those three? First Hero I guess. Manhunter is kind of content light in some aspects, in general I think the nemesis monsters should almost always be picked up after the quarries have all been collected. (Slender Man, with its higher content level and craftable gear is the exception to this).

If you really want another nemesis, I'd pick Slender Man ahead of the others. It's the best of the known nemesis monsters, Manhunter is not bad, but Slendy is better.

Also, I think not having the Sunstalker is a massive hole in having a well rounded collection. You should consider long and hard if you are not going to have that because it's an amazing quarry with fantastic gear and a really fun standalone campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is their a list somewhere that breaks down Quarry's, Nemesis', Campaigns, etc.?

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Anon
msg tools
Thanks for your comments, I agree with what you have suggested.

If you were to get any of the new expansions/old expansions to improve upon the game what would you get? I've so far been suggested, Slenderman, Black Knight and Sunstalker any more?

I'm interested in improving the game as a whole and trying to avoid the more sexually explicit content if possible due to the people that i play with.

I was contemplating Abyssal Forest but the Witch's etc look more like pinups and I'd require Spidicules.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
Italics wrote:
Of those three? First Hero I guess. Manhunter is kind of content light in some aspects, in general I think the nemesis monsters should almost always be picked up after the quarries have all been collected. (Slender Man, with its higher content level and craftable gear is the exception to this).

If you really want another nemesis, I'd pick Slender Man ahead of the others. It's the best of the known nemesis monsters, Manhunter is not bad, but Slendy is better.

Also, I think not having the Sunstalker is a massive hole in having a well rounded collection. You should consider long and hard if you are not going to have that because it's an amazing quarry with fantastic gear and a really fun standalone campaign.

I also added the manhunter in the pledgemanager, altough I would prefer the Lion God or Slender Man.
The reason is, that I need him to build the Green Knight Armor.
What would you recommend in my case?
Any idea for a houserule that would allow me to replace the Manhunter?
I´ve read your reviews and think the Manhunter doesn´t sound bad.
On the other hand both other expansions sound even more interesting.

Quote:
If you were to get any of the new expansions/old expansions to improve upon the game what would you get? I've so far been suggested, Slenderman, Black Knight and Sunstalker any more?

I'm interested in improving the game as a whole and trying to avoid the more sexually explicit content if possible due to the people that i play with.

I was contemplating Abyssal Forest but the Witch's etc look more like pinups and I'd require Spidicules.

Thoughts?

Sunstalker or / and Abyssal Woods.

The Sunstalker has an interesting campaign and is considered as one of the best quarries and most interesting fights.
Also the Armor Set seems to be one of the best.
In contrast to many other expansions the Sunstalker rewards you in a good way, if you are brave and capable enough to fight him on higher levels.

Abyssal Woods has beautiful miniatures and a huge amount of content for a very fair price.
The whole concept sounds a lot more exciting (for me) than the Inverted Mountain.
I wouldn´t say that the inclusion of Spidicules and the Flower Knight is a bad thing.
If you read some reviews, you will see, that both expansions only need small changes to become awesome (In fact many people play Spidicules with one or two little houserules).
I think Adam wants to use Abyssal Woods as a chance to improve both expansions a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Anon
msg tools
I'm heavily tempted by Abyssal Woods but some of miniatures look quite like the pinups which makes me hesitant. I would absolutely get the sunstalker if it wasn't for that model. To me it looks like a giant penis with a giant penis and that just seems odd to me for a monster/center piece lol :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.