Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi guys, I'm backing the project in order to have the base game (never played it), but I'm totally undecided about which expansion to buy.
Any ideas? I mean, which one adds more to the game, without making it more complicated?

("get both" isn't a valid answer)

thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hall of Heroes focuses more on resource and card management.
Fields of Fame focuses more on building strong crews and gaining fame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be backing both so there is no biased here but if you can only choose one, I would favor Hall of heroes.

Raiders is a favorite of mine and I have about 40 logged plays. If I ever thought it needed anything added it would have been another path or two to score some more points and this is done with Hall of heroes in such a seamless and mainstream way (hand management and set collection)

Both expansions add depth but if you're looking to add depth while keeping it mainstream and not as 'thinky' go with Hall of heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me I am going to back Hall of Heroes. As Chris said this seems a more seamless expansion of the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch guys!
So in order to have more variety, I should go with HOH: what about player interaction? Which one adds more of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In HOH you are sometimes racing to do the best Quests (much like with raiding). There are also faceup townsfolk cards available to all players. So they both add more tension between players.

In FOF the added interaction is more like you might experience in an RPG. When a player challenges a Jarl, everyone is engaged and interested in the outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this for a deciding factor...

HOH extra board looks less out of place by itself (lengthing board rather than just a partial piece of the side sticking out with Fields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks a bunch to all of you guys (and also to Shem for answering).
I'll go with HOH: it seems to add a "width" to the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.