Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to leave a positive note there, given the amount of negativity your thread generated. I see now you decided to delete it (good call by the way). Anyway, I'm just leaving the positive note here instead, I think you were misunderstood (I don't think you aimed to claim any form of plagiarism). I've noticed a long time ago that the TM crowd tends to overcriticize, sometimes to the point of being a bit rude (so much I've felt discouraged to posts many of my variants and fanmade expansions over there. A shame really, since my group really enjoys one of them to the point of never playing without it). I've been wondering about it for a long time now, I always feel so welcome on wargame foruns, why does this kind of thing happens over there is a mistery to me.

Anyway, your game seems to be more 4X and less euroish than TM Gaia, but less 4X and more euroish than Space Empire 4X, am I right? The good thing is that there's always demand for this kind of game. I'm definitely interested in knowing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Frye
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Rafael.

I created this game based on my love of space and 4X games. I felt like 4X games were a little long and strove to make a streamlined version that included included a political aspect.

My comment on there thread was more of a "lament" followed by a chuckle. I was just amazed that another space game involving the name Gaia was coming out in the same year. Edit: What are the odds?! lol

Speaking of "fan made" variants, that is a major theme of my game. I really cannot wait to upload the Rule and Race Creation Guide to the forums here. I want a game with infinite replay possibilities where one game is totally different from another and strategy is paramount. I want to be successful so that I can hold community wide contests for Best Alien Race, etc.

Please keep in touch and check in once in awhile.

Sincerely,
Joshua Frye
Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.