Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I know, UD don't frequent BGG, so you won't get an official answer from them here.

My guess though, is that they don't believe the costs involved in producing a translated version would be justified by the sales of said version.

With the number of cards involved, the translation would be expensive, not to mention that it would be an additional, smaller (and therefore more expensive) scale print run, so would have ongoing costs that would necessitate driving the retail price up, and thus reduce sales in what would already be a relatively limited market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, Andy.

It' s a bit sad, cause as a fan i had made the translation for free.
But i understand the reasons you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Ralf - While we have looked into localization options for our games it is not something we have on the schedule. Thank you for your comment and I will pass it on to our Brand team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
Ralf - While we have looked into localization options for our games it is not something we have on the schedule. Thank you for your comment and I will pass it on to our Brand team.

Well colour me surprised about UD having a presence on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
phoenixandy wrote:
Well colour me surprised about UD having a presence on BGG ;)

You may not have noticed because you haven't been obsessively reading all the forums for the different Legendary games ;)

Localisation/translation isn't always straight-forward. I have seen the process for other games, and there are some issues besides paying for translation and QA.

For instance, the Norwegian version of Dominion struggles a bit with some terms with different meanings in English having the same translation, or the other way around. Later sets have cards which collide with existing card names if just doing a straight translation.

Some just don't want that headache :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phoenixandy wrote:
Mark UD OP wrote:

Well colour me surprised about UD having a presence on BGG

Jason Brenner is also a frequent BGG user...

I'm not surprised, UD are great and actually caring and listening at their users !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.