Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Scythe [+] [View All]
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOVE LOVE LOVE this game! And thank you to Automa Factory for implementing a solo version that makes it hit the table even more!

I was reading another string of posts (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1699860/has-anyone-done-ana...) regarding Buildings and their usefulness.

Where I think all the buildings are great and thematic... I posted that I find the building bonus and the thematic tie-in of it being "property values" only lukewarm.

I then went on saying that I'd love for the building tiles to not give points/coins... but give board powers to the Momentum and Armory that will change for each game to allow these buildings more tactical uses and give the player extra points through natural ways.

I wanted to follow-up with a posting of an example of what I mean.

I would refer to these cards as Public Attitude Cards ... for they refer to how the public would prefer their faction to gain their control and would replace the building bonus cards. (No bonus coins rewarded for buildings at the end of the game.)

The Momentum would offer an addition Popularity with each Bolster action as long as the Character is with the Momentum and at least 2 stars have been earned in the 4 posted categories (or controlling 7+ Territories with Expansionism.) [Numbers to be tested and adjusted.]

The Armory would be either an Offensive Fortress and provide +1 Combat Card in a combat for a Combat Unit in the territory. Or more of a defensive Bunker and provide a place where units can retreat to after a defeat.

I'll probably be toying with this idea with my next many games vs Automa to see if the effects are suitable... but I like the thematic strength in these over the bonus coins and how it further increases the replay-ability of the game. Maybe even a similar modular addition seen in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Rich
United States
Corsicana
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, always enjoy some variety when it comes to a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Let us know how it goes.

And thank you for the kind words .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. So, you are proposing that these replace the building bonus tiles? Or would each player draw one of these for their own factions' bonus? I could see either way working (the latter would need some more variants).

FYI, the graphics look great. You can get the typefaces used in the official game material. Body text is Filosophia Regular & the titling is League Gothic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where I had thought about each faction drawing their own, the idea quickly was put aside on two accounts:

1) Thematically, factions are trying to gain popularity of the natives that already live in Europa. This card represents what they want and thus it would be equal for all factions.

2) Simplicity. The game, in my opinion, is nearly perfect. So, any variants made should be minor and simple. Simply replacing the 6 building bonus cards and flipping one is simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:

FYI, the graphics look great. You can get the typefaces used in the official game material. Body text is Filosophia Regular & the titling is League Gothic.

Thank you for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting on this system after 20+ games (all against Automa; Mix of 1 and 2 Automa opponent games.)

The effects really don't take effect often and they almost never happen "accidentally" ... which I like.

I think the most additional Popularity I've ever gained from the Monument was 3 and it did move me into the next tier... but I had to focus on that to make it happen and it tied my character down from doing other things. (Which is by design.)

The Armory has once saved 3 workers from going into my base without a mech and twice aided in a battle with an additional combat card.

All in all... I like it. I'm seeking tactical placement for both the buildings that then require further focus to take advantage of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.