Popular Tags: [View All]
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the forums and the KS page to no avail so I apologize if this has been asked.

I see MSRPs listed, but that doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be available through retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More than likely no. They only sold it via their own webstore after the last Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
consider it a no, not unless poots confirms it at some point in the futre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The MSRPs are what they are planning to sell for from the web store post Kickstarter once they have printed and shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wootsick
United States
ZEBULON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the expansions. If not available at retail, will there be any available at the web store? If so, how limited will they be?

Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, the expansions will be available from the web store. How limited they will be is anyone's guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Yes it will be available retail. Primarily direct, but stores can buy copies to sell if they are willing to spend the money. There were a couple stores that did for the last print run. In terms of availability, the numbers Adam has stated suggest that he's planning on printing close to 10,000 extra copies. The expansions will have similar availability. Based on his comments from the previous kickstarter Adam is likely ordering enough of each expansion to last roughly a year. Though it would be based on his guesses of sales so it's possible certain expansion could sell out much faster if he guesses wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Sure, if some stores pledged for copies they can sell them, just like you can buy them in the BGG Marketplace or on eBay.

But they aren't "available through retail."

This is because KDM has not been put into distribution. If you walk into any random U.S. board game store, you can generally request that they sell you anything in the catalog of Asmodee or Fantasy Flight or hundreds of other publishers. The retailer can put in an order through the appropriate distributor(s). If they don't already have the games you want on the shelf, they can get them for you in their next delivery. That hasn't been an option for KDM, and it's unlikely to be an option in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Svensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote from the latest update:
Quote:
You MUST finalize your pledge otherwise we will have inaccurate production numbers. We cannot give backers with forfeited pledges production units that have been allocated to our retail release. I am begging you, please finalize your pledge.

So some retail presence confirmed, beyond stores that have simply pledged in the kickstarter - that still doesn't mean unlimited availability through regular distributors though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodsbane wrote:
Quote from the latest update:
Quote:
You MUST finalize your pledge otherwise we will have inaccurate production numbers. We cannot give backers with forfeited pledges production units that have been allocated to our retail release. I am begging you, please finalize your pledge.

So some retail presence confirmed, beyond stores that have simply pledged in the kickstarter - that still doesn't mean unlimited availability through regular distributors though.

I am sure that this is just wording you can understand two ways, and what is meant is sales on the KDM store, not retail in shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There -is- a Retailers level pledge. 6 copies for $1200, which works out to $200 a copy. And 72 people pledged at that level (meaning at -least- 432 copies in retail, assuming retailers could increase their pledge too).

I've heard murmurs of a MSRP of $400. Assuming the retailers discount for 30% off, you're still paying $280 for a copy. More likely though, the retailers will list them at full price, see how many sell, and only then discount them (these games will take up some serious storage space, and need to move at some point), and probably not at a full discount even then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
tumorous wrote:
Sure, if some stores pledged for copies they can sell them, just like you can buy them in the BGG Marketplace or on eBay.

But they aren't "available through retail."

This is because KDM has not been put into distribution. If you walk into any random U.S. board game store, you can generally request that they sell you anything in the catalog of Asmodee or Fantasy Flight or hundreds of other publishers. The retailer can put in an order through the appropriate distributor(s). If they don't already have the games you want on the shelf, they can get them for you in their next delivery. That hasn't been an option for KDM, and it's unlikely to be an option in the future.

According to Adam stores were able to buy copies at wholesale prices from him up until supplies ran out. Very few chose to, but that doesn't mean the option didn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
There -is- a Retailers level pledge. 6 copies for $1200, which works out to $200 a copy. And 72 people pledged at that level (meaning at -least- 432 copies in retail, assuming retailers could increase their pledge too).

I've heard murmurs of a MSRP of $400. Assuming the retailers discount for 30% off, you're still paying $280 for a copy. More likely though, the retailers will list them at full price, see how many sell, and only then discount them (these games will take up some serious storage space, and need to move at some point), and probably not at a full discount even then.

I'd say its likely less than that. There's also the possibility of people intending on relisting on ebay or people pooling funds for a discount/combined S&H. Not all KS enforce retail level pledges must actually go to a store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:

I'd say its likely less than that. There's also the possibility of people intending on relisting on ebay or people pooling funds for a discount/combined S&H. Not all KS enforce retail level pledges must actually go to a store.

Well, theoretically, you'd need to provide a business license number or some other actual proof of business. Assuming the publisher -actually- cares.

But yeah, it's possible some of those retailers intend to speculate with their copies on eBay, or keep copies for selves and friends. Or, as mentioned, some weren't actually retailers to begin with, but Poots would rather sell the $1200 worth of games per pledge than not. And the "retail" copies never actually make it to a retail store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.