Subject: Threat tracker alternatives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm looking at buying this cool deck vault (Elder Dragon Deck Vault). That is big enough to allow me to carry two player decks, plus an encounter deck with a section in the middle for tokens. This will allow me to thrown everything in there and be able to take everything I need to play. With one exception, the threat trackers. So I'm trying to find a solution that is portable enough to fit in a deck box. I've thought about using d10s, but I feel like it would be too easy to bump the dice and forget what you had them set at. Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metal134 wrote:
I'm looking at buying this cool deck vault (Elder Dragon Deck Vault). That is big enough to allow me to carry two player decks, plus an encounter deck with a section in the middle for tokens. This will allow me to thrown everything in there and be able to take everything I need to play. With one exception, the threat trackers. So I'm trying to find a solution that is portable enough to fit in a deck box. I've thought about using d10s, but I feel like it would be too easy to bump the dice and forget what you had them set at. Any other ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Da...

Look for knitting counters or row counters. I linked to a search on Amazon, but you can get them at most knitting shops and some craft stores. You won't find a LotR themed one, but oh well.

Then there is ye old scrap of paper and pen, if you really want cheap and portable. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two 10 sided dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CPBelt wrote:
metal134 wrote:

Look for knitting counters or row counters. I linked to a search on Amazon, but you can get them at most knitting shops and some craft stores. You won't find a LotR themed one, but oh well.

Then there is ye old scrap of paper and pen, if you really want cheap and portable. laugh

Those Nirvana Row Counters actually look like a perfect solution. They look like mini versions of the actually threat trackers and with a length of 2.5", that's well small enough to fit inside a deckbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CPBelt wrote:
metal134 wrote:

I don't know. Surely Rosie Cotton is in to Knitting. Great idea btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
us a magic the gathering life counter. it has normally 2 sides that each goes to 20 so you can form the threat level needed. i used to make those out left over deck boxes myself

examples

or buy one online like this

or buy one for your ringfinger

i used this one in the past as it fits with the cards

another solution is to use the star realms counting method with their cards.

or hero realms

use the score keeping app or its cards similar to star realms but it uses only 2 cards and slides to show the value
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any other ideas?

Why not just get something like this that has an internal pocket to hold the threat trackers?
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3984

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly, I generally just use paper and pencil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.