Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to see if there are any recommendations for the accordion folder to use for storing the map tiles. I like the idea, but tried a folder from Staples and the large tiles stuck out quite a bit and the folder was pretty "stuffed" when all the tiles were in. Are there specific models people have liked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3410482/gloomhaven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
not listing
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
sticking out a bit, and being very bulky is just what's going to happen, that's how accordion folders work. I think not fitting properly back inside the box is okay in exchange for how easy it is to use.

I got a 13 slot file folder accordion from walmart for 5$, it won't reclose and it won't fit properly back in the gloomhaven box, but the tiles are huge, so I'm not sure I expected more. The 26 file folder accordion for like 12$ was almost as big as the gloomhaven box itself, it would've fit the tiles more easily, but it would've just been even harder to lug about.

EDIT: of course if I took my standee storage tray box out of the gloomhaven box the accordion folder could go there instead. With fancy storage options for every single type of thing in the box though, usually either a small plano/gmt style tray/box or a binder or the accordion will have to be left outside the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Vaillancourt
msg tools
Just to add to this thread, yesterday I bought this from Staples (Canada but should be available elsewhere)
http://www.staples.ca/en/Winnable-13-Pocket-Poly-Expanding-D...

I was able to organize every tile in alphabetical order, combining related tiles together like A1a+A2a+A3a and so on. They all fit inside with the one M and N tile together in the last section. Some of the bigger tiles are sticking out a little.

But depth of it makes fit inside the box on top of the class envelopes. Once I add back the map and books the box won't close 100% but it will be missing maybe half an inch.

Note that there is no lid on this accordion storage. With all the unequal stuff inside if I would close a lid it would apply pressure on the top and it could bend the tile with time. The same goes for the bottom, I chose an expandable bottom so that pressure would be equal top and bottom. Bottom pinched accordion could bend the tiles as well in my opinion.

There's room around this folder in the box but not enough for tiles to get out and mix when the box is closed. Just don't be stupid and pick it up by the bottom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.