Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Are there any good smaller RPGs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'm a sucker for RPGs. Especially fantasy RPGs. I really enjoy Mage Knight. I enjoy Runebound to a lesser extent because of the RNG. I even like the feel of Clank! What I don't like is RPGs that play themselves like the D&D ones.
But these games all push the limits of my dining room table.
Are there any smaller RPGs? like that could fit on my coffee table?
Thanks fellas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough (will trade by mail)
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but might as well get it out of the way... One Deck Dungeon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
kirkroberts wrote:
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but might as well get it out of the way... One Deck Dungeon.

Ahhh I own it and I'm not a fan. It's a little too dicey for me.
Good suggestion though and thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I've been curious about one deck dungeon and adding it to my collection. I always say I'll play solitaire games but rarely do. I rather paint minis than play a game. Lol. Why don't you like one deck dungeon?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
Nivanor wrote:
Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I've been curious about one deck dungeon and adding it to my collection. I always say I'll play solitaire games but rarely do. I rather paint minis than play a game. Lol. Why don't you like one deck dungeon?

I have that one too! It was the third game I tried to learn with my wife. It went poorly and I haven't tried since. It's on my list of things to try again. I don't know if it feels like the RPG since all the leveling up is between games.

I don't know. It's just a dice roller. There's some decision making but not enough to keep me interested.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
Yeah, the dice rolling is the only thing that deters me from purchasing it. Many people seem to love it though.

You don't win in arkham. You either lose or lose badly. Lol. The girlfriend and I love it though. And it's fun to deck build right before the new scenario. But having to wait about a month for new scenarios in the campaign is kinda long. You should revisit it though. Maybe change up your duos.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
Re: Ate there any good smaller RPGs?
Nivanor wrote:
Yeah, the dice rolling is the only thing that deters me from purchasing it. Many people seem to love it though.

You don't win in arkham. You either lose or lose badly. Lol. The girlfriend and I love it though. And it's fun to deck build right before the new scenario. But having to wait about a month for new scenarios in the campaign is kinda long. You should revisit it though. Maybe change up your duos.


Yeah I dunno. It might be worth mentioning that I'm not crazy about really light solitaire games.

Haha it wasn't about winning for us we just didn't get the rules! We are hoping now that we've played more games they'll make more sense to us.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.