Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
1) Do units that route off edge of map count towards victory?

2)Rule 9.1.6 calls for a morale check after combat, 4.6 says to check the row for that type of check. I don't see a row for morale checks right after combat, is it just a straight up check without modifiers?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
1. Yes. Please note that the wording of the Victory Point Awards states for each step lost. This includes unit steps lost because of routing off of the map as well as through elimination.

2. See the Combat Results on the Players' Aid Sheet (Table below the CRT and CF modifiers tables).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
phrohrba wrote:

2. See the Combat Results on the Players' Aid Sheet (Table below the CRT and CF modifiers tables).

I have checked that. It is just that the morale check chart in PAC does not have a line for a combat results morale check, although there appears to be a separate line for every other type of morale check. So I am assuming it is a check without modifiers. Is that correct, or am I misreading the lines on the morale check chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
Per 9.1.6 you determine the CCV by comparing the difference of the two sides' DR results. The loser then compares the Morale Ratings of the affected units to the CCV. Based upon that comparison you consult the Combat Results (left column) to determine the effect on each individual unit (right column). 9.1.6 and the Combat Results makes no mention of any DR check or modifiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for your patience and replies as I try and figure this out. I am really not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand.

But apparently I am not asking the question correctly - let me try again.
Rule 9.6.1b says to consult the CRT after you determine the winner.
The CRT has three rows. All three rows mention taking a morale check.
1)CCV is <=PR: loser takes morale check; fail = disrupted
2)CCV is > - 2xPR: after retreat take morale check; fail = route
3)CCV is > 2xPR: after route take morale check; fail = lose step

In all 3 instances it says take morale check per 4.6

4.6.3 says to use the row for the type of morale check you are doing.

And that is my problem. Of the eight cases shown on the morale check chart, none of them cover this circumstance or list this rule (9.6.1)
So my question is for this type of morale check, do we just do a straight up test without DRM? Seems like there should at least be a leader DRM.
Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
OK, the penny drops on my end. Thank you for your patience!

The DR checks made on that chart are indeed "straight up" without any modifiers. There is no modifier for a leader being present as those troops are beyond command control at that level. The lower-level line officers and sergeants (not portrayed directly in the game but part of each unit's Morale Rating) are the ones trying to retain/reestablish control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
phrohrba wrote:
OK, the penny drops on my end. Thank you for your patience!

The DR checks made on that chart are indeed "straight up" without any modifiers. There is no modifier for a leader being present as those troops are beyond command control at that level. The lower-level line officers and sergeants (not portrayed directly in the game but part of each unit's Morale Rating) are the ones trying to retain/reestablish control.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.