Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Don't know if this has been asked or not- I just received my Anniversary copy.

The companion book includes LOME and WOME strategy guides too along with pictures of the painted minis (a preview of the painted expansions). My question is, what will they do when the 3rd expansion on Siege Engines comes out?...Reprint the Companion book to include articles on the 3rd expansion? Seems odd that they included the expansion guide with the first two expansion but without the 3rd yet out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilohc888 wrote:
Don't know if this has been asked or not- I just received my Anniversary copy.

The companion book includes LOME and WOME strategy guides too along with pictures of the painted minis (a preview of the painted expansions). My question is, what will they do when the 3rd expansion on Siege Engines comes out?...Reprint the Companion book to include articles on the 3rd expansion? Seems odd that they included the expansion guide with the first two expansion but without the 3rd yet out.

Have they definitely announced a third expansion? Last I heard it was just a possibility. Honestly, I hardly ever want to play with the expansions, and if I do it is usually only Lords. But that said when they release the limited painted Warriors I will be ordering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
No third expansion has been announced but Ares has expressed the wish to have the missing part from "Twilight of the Third Age" (the Siege Engines) incorporated into the Second Edition.

Limited (painted) edition of LoMe already exists.

Ares has stated that they would like to offer a Limited (painted) version of WoMe. Now, as the AR is shipping, they might be able to look into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Hostert
Luxembourg
Hassel
flag msg tools
Off-topic, but I am surprised to find references to LoME and WoME, why those rules are not in the rulebook ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tataa wrote:
Off-topic, but I am surprised to find references to LoME and WoME, why those rules are not in the rulebook ...

While I cannot comment on why some parts made the cut and other parts didn't, here is Roberto's sentence from the introduction (page 5):

"The components of the expansion are not a part of the Anniversary Release, but we included these chapters to make the Companion as comprehensive as possible."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.