Hide
3 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Score-Based Competitive Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Huang
msg tools
My friends are a competitive group, even with our cooperative games. If I was to implement a variant where every investigator scores points for everything they do, how could I make it fair no matter what character a person picked?

Scoring for Clues acquired, Gates closed, Monsters Slain, Expedition Successes is what I have so far. What else could I possibly score so that its more or less fair all round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oded K
msg tools
Rumors solved.

Mysteries advanced - both by performing the actions on the mystery and by the "advance the active mystery" mechanic.

Assists - Leo would get a point if he provides an extra die to another investigator on his space, Jim will get a point when healing sanity for another investigator, Charlie will get a point for sending an asset to another investigator. This may require making specific rules for each support character though.

Doom retreated.

Fallen investigators encountered.

Improvements acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't award point for acquiring clues, since acquiring clues does not in itself help the team (it's the spending of clues to advance mysteries or complete rumors where you really find the value)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.