Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boss Monster Question: No Possible Winner? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsey Robbins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So my brother, dad, and I were playing Boss Monster tonight and we came across a weird situation that may have left no chance for a winner. We called it a tie between my brother and I but I want to know who would have really won. All the heros had gone into the dungeons, so nobody would be getting anyore. The majority of the heros at this point, almost all of them, were in my dad's dungeon but he ended up dying. So at this point there was just my brother and myself. I had no more heros in my dungeon, 9 souls, and no wounds. My brother had an epic hero and a regular hero in his dungeon, but because of boulder ramp, only had one room left in his dungeon, so both those guys would get a hit on him next turn. Those three wounds wouldn't be enough to kill him as he didn't have any wounds before taking those, and he also had 9 souls. So after my dad died and he took those three wounds there were no more souls to be collected, and nobody had gotten ten souls. I would think that it would go by whom has the most souls if nobody could get to 10, and if that was a tie, the person with the least wounds would win, and further still after that the person with the highest XP would win, as that's the win conditions for when two people have 10 or more souls. But nobody got 10 souls, so nobody technically won (and nobody could reach win conditions at this point), and there were still two people left who hadn't technically lost. So would my brother's three wounds make him lose, or would the lack of a technical winner having 10 or more souls make it a tie between the two of us. If it helps you out at all his boss had higher XP than mine. Thanks for your help all! I've never come across something like this in this game before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

For future reference, you are much more likely to get an answer if you post it to the forums of the game in question instead of general gaming.

At the top of the page, where it says "Search Board Game" type in the name of the game, and you will find a page dedicated to that game with game-specific forums as well as useful files and other information.

Anyway, here's the answer to your question from one of the Boss Monster game designers: Re: Running out of Heroes in the Ordinary Hero & Epic Hero Deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brown
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences on the loss of your dad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.