Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building 403 & Uranium Cores Super Project -- Exosuit limitations Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The building 403 allows you to spend 1 energy core to receive 1 powered-up Exosuit. I have two questions with two possible answers that I would like confirmed if possible.

1) After the Impact, can the powered-up Exosuit received from using this building be placed on an "Exosuit Hex Unavailable" tile?

2) If I powered up all of my Exosuits during Phase 3 and then used one of them during Phase 5, could I use the building 403 to "retrieve" an already used Exosuit and reuse it later in that Action Phase?

Probable Answers:

1) Yes -- I suspect this is the case since the rules for the Warp Phase specifically permit the Exosuit received by warping to be placed on such a tile.

2) No -- I suspect the component limit of 6 Exosuits is intended to be a hard limit, and there should not be any manipulation that allows a player to reuse any Exosuit in a given Action Phase.

Edit: Same questions/answers for the Uranium Cores Super Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Building 403 -- Exosuit limitations Questions
1) Yes
2) No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you are using the Guardians module that is how you can get. A 7th suit for the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Inman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Interestingly, for question #2, with the Guardians of the Council module, you can increase your supply of exosuits beyond 6. So it is possible to have more than 6 exosuits in a turn by using building 403. There are also superprojects and adventures that provide an exosuit as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinmanrunner wrote:
Interestingly, for question #2, with the Guardians of the Council module, you can increase your supply of exosuits beyond 6. So it is possible to have more than 6 exosuits in a turn by using building 403. There are also superprojects and adventures that provide an exosuit as well.

I've been hoping to try out that module soon since it looks like a nice addition. I did forget about the Uranium Cores super project (that also gives a powered-up Exosuit), but I have not yet tried any of the expansion modules yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
1) Yes
2) No

Confirmed
repthrd wrote:
But if you are using the Guardians module that is how you can get. A 7th suit for the round.

And confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
What David said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I only want to applaud the OP for the way he wrote the subject line. Doing so makes it clear what the thread is about. When it's among a list of other nebulous threads, it serves to attract players who may have a good answer for the particular question. Plus it makes the thread easier to search a year from now.

Much, much better - and less annoying - than subject lines that only say, "A couple of questions". When skimming a forum's worth of threads, I always skip right past those. It may sound arrogant of me to do so, but with more games to play every year, available time is becoming more and more stretched. So I don't have the luxury of clicking on every thread just to see what it's about.

So thank you, OP, for detailing your subject heading the way you did. I wish everyone did that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

I only want to applaud the OP for the way he wrote the subject line. Doing so makes it clear what the thread is about. When it's among a list of other nebulous threads, it serves to attract players who may have a good answer for the particular question. Plus it makes the thread easier to search a year from now.

Much, much better - and less annoying - than subject lines that only say, "A couple of questions". When skimming a forum's worth of threads, I always skip right past those. It may sound arrogant of me to do so, but with more games to play every year, available time is becoming more and more stretched. So I don't have the luxury of clicking on every thread just to see what it's about.

So thank you, OP, for detailing your subject heading the way you did. I wish everyone did that!

I'll take a 20+ word subject that provides clarity on the content over something witty and pithy any day of the week. Makes it easier for those of us answering as well as those browsing for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, great point about browsing... I totally forgot to mention that... detailed subject lines always make browsing much more effective and beneficial!

Totally agree with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.