Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If me or a player to either side of me triggers an action I have an Enlist bonus open for, but it is not from their player board bottom row, does the Enlist bonus count? Say they have a factory card granting a building or a mech, would that action trigger the enlist bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The other player needs to take an action on the same bottom row section for you to get the bonus.

EDIT: This is actually explicitly stated in rules p. 20:
Quote:
...whenever you or the player to your immediate left or right (these players are shown in the icon in the red circle) take the bottom-row action in the section of the Player Mat from which the recruit was taken, you may gain the specified bonus. Top-row actions or a similar action on a Factory card (see Factory section, page 25) do not count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
No. The other player needs to take an action on the same bottom row section for you to get the bonus.

EDIT: This is actually explicitly stated in rules p. 20:
Quote:
...whenever you or the player to your immediate left or right (these players are shown in the icon in the red circle) take the bottom-row action in the section of the Player Mat from which the recruit was taken, you may gain the specified bonus. Top-row actions or a similar action on a Factory card (see Factory section, page 25) do not count.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you get the enlist bonus whether or not the player actually moves a technology cube, deploys a mech on the map, builds a structure on the map, or enlists a recruit. As long as he pays the resources (usually only for taking the money once he completed that collection of elements) he is performing the bottom action and thus you will get the bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Also, you get the enlist bonus whether or not the player actually moves a technology cube, deploys a mech on the map, builds a structure on the map, or enlists a recruit. As long as he pays the resources (usually only for taking the money once he completed that collection of elements) he is performing the bottom action and thus you will get the bonus.

Right...we were doing that correctly, too. I was paying to enlist with 1 food and getting 3 coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.