Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone received their copy already?
Please share some photos...

I missed the kickstarter but preordered it so my copy will probably arrive a little later.

How is the rulebook?
What is the card quality like?
Are the resin miniatures fragile?
Does it come with the clear bases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

My copy just arrived. I'll post some thoughts once I've had my first game. Miniatures look good and I'm really happy with the clear plastic tokens. My only regret is that I missed out on the kickstarter exclusive characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

I've assembled the minis and played my first reading game. I'm not sure how I feel about the clear bases... they are great for characters with large feet but I worry about how strong the bond is with the smaller characters. I've been adding some green stuff around the feet of some of the smaller characters to strengthen that connection. I will paint those areas gray but they are still going to stand out... solid bases just feel less distracting to me.

The resin material is quite strong. One of the divas has a pony tail that will probably break off at some point but besides that it looks like they are designed to survive normal gameplay abuse.

My first game played really quickly and the cheat sheet cards meant I didn't have to go back to the rulebook often. I struggled with tracking the health because I haven't tried marking directly on the cards yet. Anyone know if the cards are coated well enough to mark on them directly or if we are supposed to sleeve them?

The only thing I'm disappointed with are the event cards... they aren't bad they just feel generic. They could have used them to capture more of the attitude and drama of these huge personalities and define how their loyalties and feuds change with each game. I haven't looked at all the cards yet so maybe there are some great ones I haven't discovered yet.

The things I'm most looking forward to in this game are the upcoming tag-teams. That seems like a good way to make a multiplayer match without increasing the play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
A few more thoughts after my first full game.

1. I'm loving the gameplay but still have some rules questions. The rulebook is actually very clear but I'm still confused. I should be able to rewatch the latest gameplay videos and follow along with the stat cards to get my questions answered.

2. Event cards are too random. You buy them like inducements in Bloodbowl but most either hurt you or help both players and you have to choose to use them without knowing what they will do! They add variety but that is too punishing. I bought 3 in my last game and all of them were bad for me.

I would either make it so you can look at them in advance and choose when to use them or limit the deck to only cards that are good for you or at least good for both... or make it so you can choose to give the negative cards to your opponent.

3. Non-permanent marker for tracking health is too messy. After my last game I had blue ink all over my hands, my mini's, and the rulebook. I like this approach maybe I just need to get markers with the built in eraser/wiper end.

4. Paint keeps flaking off the miniatures. Resin miniatures are all over the place when it comes to what to expect for cleanup requirements. I know you are supposed to wash them in soapy water first but honestly it's usually not necessary. It's very necessary with these minis.

That's not a major problem... just don't do what I did and get halfway thru painting them and then realize your mistake. I will probably have to strip them all down and start again.

I know I've made a lot of negative comments here but I'm really loving the game. The miniatures are well made and have tons of personality... the gameplay is fast and furious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
My buddy and I just bought this game and split the cost so we could get star players and more teams.

Just finished assembly. As with most resin there is some green stuff needed. Games Workshops new Liquid Green Stuff is really good for that.

Will hopefully have everything done in time for Wrestlmania to actually play our first game! Really excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.