Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: Tales from the Epitaph Spoiler: Grim Servant O’ Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's an exciting new preview with an accompanying article from the design team. :slight_smile:

It's a very versatile card so it's helpful to have someone outline some of the possibilities.

Cracking art too, with Stone striking a classic Western pose.

http://gomorragazette.com/node/11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Loe
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Cool card! I can't wait to play with it. It's very versatile as well, so I think that it will see a lot of play. I like that it is a seven as well; seven is one of my go-to values for Sloane gang outfits.

I love the art on it, too! I was a little worried the Pine Box Entertainment wouldn't be able to keep up the same quality art as the more experienced AEG, but everything I've heard and seen from Pine Box Entertainment has me really excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wall. Of. Text.

Bit 'o trivia: When the game started over in Reloaded, the lead designer gave the dev team a 150 character limit on all cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
Wall. Of. Text.

Bit 'o trivia: When the game started over in Reloaded, the lead designer gave the dev team a 150 character limit on all cards.

There are indeed lots of words on it, but as the game ages there is hopefully a bit more room to explore complicated effects even if my personal sympathies are for the short and snappy! We're a few years in, so a few complicated cards have their place, while base sets should be shorter and simpler. That said, I wouldn't want a whole expansion of complicated cards!

Was the designer in question Mark Wooton? He gave my younger brother a very generous trade when we were getting started in L5R, Mark has always struck me as a decent person with a good grasp of design principles. I don't know him properly, but I met him again in Birmingham last year (almost two decades later?!) and thanked him for his work on Doomtown.

Phillip - glad to see you're excited by both the card and the art. I look forward to seeing how people work this in to a different flavour of Sloane Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.