Subject: conan with generic tilesets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,All.

I was playing descent last night and after finishing I started to put the game away.and a thought just hit me "I wonder if I can run Conan on these tiles"...so, I started having a think and just spent a very little time trying out a few things..and it does seem to work [so far].use the conan rules .plus the descent tile rules los no-go areas etc.as for move it worked really well.free moves plus crystals.
haven't done much else yet im talking 40 mins before bed last night.but I was surprised how it seemed to integrate pretty well.

to be honest I'm not a massive fan of the map boards that come with the game.dont get me wrong they look great!.but they are very limited in actual area size.i mean you couldn't do a big temple or a sprawling dungeon area for instance.
with so much story stuff out there for conan. I think the maps kind of limit what can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You planning on just having each tile having a line of sight dot in the center?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no the way I was doing that part last night was just straight measuring fig to fig..any obstructions etc it was a no-go.as I said just did 40 mins late last night will do a bit more later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Conan heroes' 2-3 tiles movement becomes 2-3 squares movement on Descent boards?

That certainly makes them much slower and less "aerobically fit". LOL, the heroes spend every turn catching their breath from running a few extra squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not really its all relative..the dungeon space is smaller than the sections on the map boards.plus you can use crystals for movement.it does work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mlai00 wrote:
So the Conan heroes' 2-3 tiles movement becomes 2-3 squares movement on Descent boards?

That certainly makes them much slower and less "aerobically fit". LOL, the heroes spend every turn catching their breath from running a few extra squares.

Works both ways - mobs would be slower too.

How do you deal with ranged attacks in this system? Since line of sight is the important factor in the Conan maps, so in a standard Descent map, a Bossonian archer could potentially fire 10-12 squares away, which would take Conan two full turns to get in melee range. Seems like it would greatly empower ranged attacks and turn the game into a kitefest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for archers possibly homebrew the rules or use descent rules.there would be some adjustment both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Conan RPG KS campaign from Modiphius had a whole bunch of add-on extra boards coming with it which will be board game compatible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.