Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/37039/dungeons-dragons-di...

I wonder if it will only come in these "draft packs", or if it's going to have a base + boosters as the previous ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like this set will be designed/released only in this format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Uh-oh... I read this as "boosters" are now $10. Why else would anyone buy a "full display". These aren't the same as the sets they have now (Dr Strange, Iron Man), these appear to be random packs.

"WizKids is offering a gift-with-purchase incentive for the new release. Any customer pre-ordering a full display of Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters Set Three will be eligible to receive one promo card with alternate artwork for use with the game, while supplies last."

I suppose it works out about the same, $10 for 12 characters, 24 dice plus two action cards or $10 for 20 characters and 20 dice (in current booster packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am strongly hoping that this is a "test" format, to see how well it does, and is *not* the new direction going forward.

Yes, in this format the "boosters" are $10. For $80 you get a full display (instead of $90 for a Gravity Feed), and hopefully you get a better card distribution. I don't feel like it's a necessary change, but I can see at least a small benefit on the store owner level (size of display is considerably smaller) and ease of drafts may be slightly helped (just grab one "draft pack" instead of counting out and opening 12 packs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a first photo of some cards/dice:

(taken from Wizkids video on the D&D live stream)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand the 'draft-pack' format - I never do tournament/organised play. Is there still rarity etc in this format?

For the previous releases of D&D I bought one starter and one gravity display - from which I sold the super-rares, which typically covers about half the cost of the gravity display, so I was left with a good amount of dice cards for a reasonable outlay. This sounds like it may prevent that - am I correct in thinking this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will still be rarity. We don't know exactly how the distribution will work out but we're told it should be about the same "cost to collect" as before. The packs are sold for $10 in a display of 8, so one display plus one extra pack should give you about the same as a gravity feed would.

There are calculations on Reddit guessing how many of each card will be in a pack, but we'll have to see when it comes out exactly what it will look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.