Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about my first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge P
Spain
flag msg tools
Hey, after my first play I have some questions:
-Titan On Attack cards, if i use a 4 power card to defeat the archenemytitan but i only need 2, the rest 2 are ignored and i can't use them for the TOA card, right?
-there are some TOA cards, that tells you " destroy a maneuver/equipment... card that you have played. I understand that if you didn't have that type of card in your hand, you can't defeat the ATitan, is mandatory to destroy the card, so no card, no win. My friends and me argued about this point. My friends says that if you don't have that type of card, you ignore the TOA card and defeat the Atitan...
-when I place a titan card, if i have another titan to place and in my game there is: first district one titan and 0 cards and in my second district 0 titans 0 cards. Do i put the second titan in the first district or in The second? Do titans count as cards like the cards to buy inside? Or do I always count the cards inside the wall to place a new card?

Thanks! As you see no wounds questions here.

Also I want to ask the creator if they are considering an expansion (SPOILER OF THE SHOW: Is a pity that we can't use eren as a titan or others and of course, the political pressure of the monarchy and the religion. Those three things will be great for an expansion!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
If the TOA card increases the cost of the Titan, you most certainly can use the extra Power you have generated to combat that increase. This is why it is wise to go in with more than what you think you might need.

If you do not have the card type the TOA is looking to destroy, you are safe and continue to attack as usual. You got lucky! You are not required to destroy a card of that type.

First District. You only count the cards inside the Wall.

We are considering an expansion, and certainly a character turning into a Titan is what we would want to feature as a new wrinkle. Possibly with political implications.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge P
Spain
flag msg tools
thanks for the answer!! but I'm confused with point one, I will try to explain better:

I have 3 cards: +2 power +4 power +2 power I use 7 power to kill the titan. Imagine that the TOA card says "increase one point" can I use the point that I still have left or do I need a new card that I didn't use with +1 power to defeat the titan?

thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Your total Power is against the Titan's total cost including any increases from the TOA card. That 1 extra Power you have means you matched its total cost after applying the TOA, so you defeat it.
You do not need another card to do it.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge P
Spain
flag msg tools
perfect! now I think I get the game 100%

congrats for the game! I really like it and we had a lot of fun with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Surowiec
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
We are considering an expansion, and certainly a character turning into a Titan is what we would want to feature as a new wrinkle. Possibly with political implications.

If you release an expansion, I will buy it as soon as it comes out. I love this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.