Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello!

I own this pearl for a few weeks, and up to now my understanding is that the scenarios are independent from each other (despite, ofcourse, the interconnection by the story/mithos tales).

So, my question is if someone else thought about a way of keeping progress between scenarios (similar to what happens in AH:The Card Game)?

I played it just 2 times, 1 solo to learn it and a 2nd time in a 4p game. Lost in both cases... in the 2nd we just missed:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
to run away with the ritual items, 1 of us got insane and died before we could get out of the house with the ritual items

So, lost prety close to the end, and we had some items that apparently were of no use after all, could those be just to give the feeling of exploration, or is there actualy a 'campaign mode' which I'm not catching up??

cheers
Márcio

edit: text correction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that this is a game for that. There is no character progression whatsoever (no skills or abilities) and, while you gain all sorts of spells and items, you are usually drowning in them by the end of a scenario. Taking all that to a new scenario is not desirable in my opinion. Also, the app assumes you start fresh, so it may use cards that you carried over from the previous scenario. I don't see how this would work, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that the characters need to progress, but I would love to see the scenarios connected. Ideally you could take some of the ideas from the AH card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmb
err404 wrote:
I don't think that the characters need to progress, but I would love to see the scenarios connected. Ideally you could take some of the ideas from the AH card game.

Indeed, there are a few things that could almost directly be copied:

- killed investigators could not continue;
- gain xp (depending on victory conditions) that could be used to purchase items;
- keep gained items (weapons, scrolls, etc..);
- keep traumas (e.g. a wounded/insane investigator would keep one random face up damage/horror);

Vardaine wrote:

Also, the app assumes you start fresh, so it may use cards that you carried over from the previous scenario. I don't see how this would work, to be honest.

Indeed as well, one of the nicest things in this game is also a big handicap on some points... and all this needed to be considered in the app.

Maybe with a possible scenario editor such Campaign could come up ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
No campaign at the moment, but the fourth scenario is 4-6 hours long and breaks down easily into five hour-ish sessions. So the potential for longer games not designed to be beat in a single session is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
err404 wrote:

Indeed, there are a few things that could almost directly be copied:

- killed investigators could not continue;
- gain xp (depending on victory conditions) that could be used to purchase items;
- keep gained items (weapons, scrolls, etc..);
- keep traumas (e.g. a wounded/insane investigator would keep one random face up damage/horror);

Vardaine wrote:

Also, the app assumes you start fresh, so it may use cards that you carried over from the previous scenario. I don't see how this would work, to be honest.

Indeed as well, one of the nicest things in this game is also a big handicap on some points... and all this needed to be considered in the app.

Maybe with a possible scenario editor such Campaign could come up ;-)

That would be a very huge task to undertake, not to mention impossible to make the app record what items the investigators carry over or buy between scenarios.

The only way to fix this is by making custom "cards" that you can only acquire for the campaign.

An example would be create a revolver, that you can use as if it was a real MoM card, this isn't very hard and it only requires a bit of homebrew.

With that said, a campaign system similar to Arkham Horror LCG is something I think I would enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.