4 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about the kickstarter (considering backing) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Svend-Peder Oseth
msg tools
Hi

I am considering backing, but I have I few questions I hope to get answered before I trow my money at this game. I am considering the adventurer (60 dollar) pledge even though I suspect that the two packs I dont get will be more expensive to get later.
My questions are:

- Do I have to pay shipping at once or can I do that later?
- Can I upgrade or add on epic-pack later?
- Will the epic pack be available later?
- If I dont get the epic pack will I still get everything I need in order to add have a complete epic set when considering the kickstarter exclusives? (given that the epic that will be available later)
- If I get the adventurer reward, will the epic pack still include the cards that are needed in order to play epic using the cards that are only in the champion reward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- The shipping will be charged in the Pledge Manager, you do not have to add it into your pledge cost now
- The FAQ says you can upgrade your pledge level, select addons, and add additional Rewards but it doesn't say you can add addons specifically. You may want to ask this one in the KS comments.
- They have been non-committal about post-KS retail plans thus far. I wouldn't count on that Epic Pack making retail, especially considering it will have copies of the KS exclusive cards in it.
- The Epic pack is purely a convenience item. It is an additional card of each type so you don't have to sort them out of your collection to play the Epic variant.
- Since the Epic pack is an addon I believe it is always the same, independent of your pledge level you choose.

Personally, I went with the $100 level without Epic (so far). I would rather spend the additional $40 and get the two complete quests than $30 for the ability to only have cards from those quests in the Epic variant. I can still play Epic with everything that way if I choose and have all the quests, rather than having only some of the quests but the full Epic variant. For that $10 difference I at least have the option to play everything in the way I choose. It all comes down to if a $30 "convenience fee" for Epic is worth it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shipping: You will pay the actual cost of shipping based on the weight of your order and its final destination. The shipping cost will be calculated in the Pledge Manager. You won't have to provide payment until you are ready to accept delivery.

Epic Add On: You can add the Epic Add On or the Premium Sleeves Add On in the Pledge Manager even if you didn't pledge enough during the campaign. The Pledge Manager will be capable of handling the increase in price.

We have not made any decisions about the retail release for Thunderstone Quest so we can't say if we'll sell the Epic Add On in the future. Since it will contain cards that are Kickstarter Exclusive, whatever we sell in the retail channel won't have those cards.

If you don't buy the Epic Add On you can still play Epic. Every time you want to do that you'll pull one each of every card in your set to build the Epic play decks. And when you want to play normal Thunderstone you'll have to put them all back.

The Epic Add On is just one item, there isn't a different one for Adventurer or Champion. It's always the same cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svend-Peder Oseth
msg tools
Thank you Jim and Ryan for all your answers. It was also very nice of you Jim to share your reasoning behind the pledge amount you chose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.