Cultists of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike o
msg tools
first off let me say i am enjoying the game and glad i kickstarted it

but i think the rulebook needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb

having to be sherlock holmes and trying to learn the game from the rulebook and having difficulty - i was watched one of the 2 videos available on youtube - it was a review of the game by "undead viking" and the reviewer only had a proto type of the game to work with since it hadn't come out yet

the cards were different and some of the rules were different

my deduction is that some of the prototype rules are still in the rulebook and that is why it conflicts with the cards and other rules that are in the book

the starting entryway - in the rule book it says there are 5 doorway and an exit to the outside - the video prototype has that but the tile in my box has 3 doors and an exit to outside

the rules later in the book say that combat is a braun check - in the video it is also a braun check (the combat card has a color but no symbol) and you use the color from the combat card to fill in the rest of the 5 dice - however in the front of the book it says that you use the symbol and color from the combat cards and the combat cards in the box have various symbols (braun, finesse etc)

my suggestion is PLEASE make a better video - no offense but your vdeio does not explain how to play the game and the quality is too poor to read the room tiles etc.

I would love you to make a video that explains in detail every rule, show each type of card and explain them, s=how the room tiles and explain them and show in detail setting up the map so that we can actually see the little chevrons and know what you are doing

the only videos are the "undead viking" or one of you on your bed making a map out of paper squares and all we can see are white squares or the 7 part series which does not show set up or explain the rules step by step
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.