• [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings one and all to the 2016 Wolfy awards! I have the pleasure of opening this show with ramblings concerning our Best Performance as a Villager! Fanfare please!

Villager is a special role, many find it dull and same-y and sigh when they roll it, but there's just so much you can do with it, that it really just gives you full disclosure to play the way you want and try whatever you want out. In the end, the majority of players in all of our games will generally tend to be Villagers, and so what we have here is the absolute cream of the crop in their shining examples of Villageriness! You can bet that these players changed the entire outlook of the game in which they played, and are truly deserving of this celebration!

Anyhow, let's get down to the actual results shall we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
IN THIRD PLACE:

United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I had to lie to you because the situation called for that. I had to lie because what I would have lost with the truth I could have never got back. I had to lie.
mbmbmb

For his Villager performance in Rainbow Werewolf 6!

In a game in which Ortho had been forced to claim D1, less so under specific lynch pressure and consensus evil reads, and more down to other LL players being afk, it doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for glory. However, what followed in the ensuing days was Ortho turning on godmode - and leading the village spectacularly, leading two consecutive evil lynches and serving to quash any fears that he could be evil himself.

He was forced to replace out at that point, but even then, the cred he had built up and the work he had put in, in an eerily familiar callback to a certain Villager performance last year, got his seat NKed over cleared Chronomodra. All in all, it was a sterling performance, and worthy of its placing.

Now, funny I should mention Chronomodra eh?

Because IN SECOND PLACE IS:

G C

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For his performance in Legacy Red Game 5!

This was a game in which Chrono truly excelled and exemplified why he's a superb player to have on your side. Moving into a final 5 with 4 Villagers and a Wolf, with a general consensus that Chrono had been somewhat sketchy, the outlook didn't look great for his survival at lynch. However, rather than let that sway his play, Chrono set about with fervour, poring over the game's events and essentially solving the entire game for us, whilst the rest of us Villagers sat there in awe.
He quickly asserted that Villager!TFang was in fact cleared of being a wolf - due to the way that a tiebreaker had gone down on D1, which no-one had realised up until then, giving us a second clear. He was relentlessly dogged, asking lots of questions of the two remaining wolf targets, until he then encountered what would become the nail in the coffin for Wolf!inkarnit. Ink had been riding a dicey Pure Villager claim (a Villager who is told when they are targeted by a view) - and something was off there, despite a lack of a CC to Chrono but he just couldn't put his finger on it. Until he rereads that the Aux Seer had had a n0 clear on Ink, who just so happened to be claiming to have been viewed by the Aux Seer Wolf on N2.

And to put it in his words: "Ink, explain to me why the Brutal wolf views you for aux evil when Pilot had already done that for him."

We lynched the final wolf, and it was basically all down to Chrono's brilliance.

But, you ask, what sort of Villager performance could top those brilliant examples of greatness? How exactly could one play even better than that? Well.

IN FIRST PLACE IS:

V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

For his performance as Villager in Game 2500.

Now, I'm rather familiar with this performance, and honestly I could rambles about it for hours, with all of the separately brilliant facets and glorious moments which VVV brought to Game 2500 so let me instead just rundown a few of his achievements during that game eh?

- In a village in which nearly everyone was cleared, he was treated as almost a clear by everyone.

- He mathed out assumptions of the set itself, helping to figure out a possible number of wolves.

- He forms a completely accurate wolf pool, containing all of the possible wolves in his starting village, allowing us to lynch them all.

- Upon the lynch pool being reduced to one wolf in himself, myself, inkarnit and PaperF, he is seen as an impossible wolf.

- When Ink and I reveal that we're Lovers, people literally flock to Paper being evil rather than consider VVV evil in a 50/50 chance.

- He and cleared Villager Ziilch created a brilliant rapport - endlessly solving many aspects of the game and bouncing ideas off one another.

- Holding off violintides' wrath, and not only correcting her math when the villages had collapsed together and violin's village had specifically collapsed to kill VVV, but again correctly identifying the wolf pool.

- Putting just about every puzzle piece together that he could, and to my memory, never really being wrong.

- Casting the winning snipe vote onto the final wolf.

I don't know what else to tell you really, other than it was honestly one of the best performances I have ever seen a player have, and I'm very glad to assert that the winner of Best Performance as a Villager is Veni Vidi Vici!

3rd: ortho_
2nd: Chronomodra
1st: Veni Vidi Vici
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
VVV=VillagerVillagerVillager

Gratz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Gratz!

It was one of those moments where you just have to stand back and watch him wreck shop, frankly, it was amazing heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb
WNN Alert: The correspondent R.T. Fang was only just found several days after her disappearance. Reports that she was abducted by a group of cultists gone rogue seem to be false, but she is suffering the aftereffects of going undercover at weekend-long cultist rave for a future documentary on the secret life of auxes and the drugs that kept her from being instantly known by all of them the moment she stepped into the room.

Her broadcast will thus be later in the day than the schedule suggests, and it would be appropriate for others to air their shows first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Gratz!

laugh

It does seem appropriate, my first ever meeting with VVV was him extolling how important and awesome villagers were to me over a chat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
mbmb
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember how I voted for this one, but Veni was fantastic! Really well deserved, all 3 of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
WNN Alert: The correspondent R.T. Fang was only just found several days after her disappearance. Reports that she was abducted by a group of cultists gone rogue seem to be false, but she is suffering the aftereffects of going undercover at weekend-long cultist rave for a future documentary on the secret life of auxes and the drugs that kept her from being instantly known by all of them the moment she stepped into the room.

Her broadcast will thus be later in the day than the schedule suggests, and it would be appropriate for others to air their shows first.

Copy that R.T. Fang. I'll jump ahead of you in about T-minus 3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What? Whoa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks everybody! I'm very pleasantly surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veni Vidi Vici wrote:
Thanks everybody! I'm very pleasantly surprised.

You shouldn't be, VVV. You did very well!

I'm similarly unsurprised to see Ortho and Chrono in the top 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, VVV!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello darlings! Next up in our merry show are the awards for Best Outed Evil! Please hold your applause to the end!

When a player becomes outed they have two choices: roll over and die essentially leaving the game in spirit OR relish in their evil glory and give their fellow players a show! In their theatrics, they can also help their evil team via FUD, WIFOM and Shenanigans. These three players have exhibited the ultimate Outed Evil performances and are to be congratulated for their good evil form.

Let's begin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
**applause**
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IN THIRD PLACE:

LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
mbmb

For her Outed Evil performance in Massacre in the Village 5!

Village 2 was overrun with evil. LJ as the outed aux evil Wraith not only consistently updated An Massacre Handbook of Evil Misinformation, but she helped coordinate night kills, maximized FUD and ran a fun game of Massacre Sheep to keep morale up while the village was being slaughtered. LJ also managed to get herself lynched out of fear of that she could be aux boxed. It was wickedly delightful to watch from dead chat. My favorite post from her outed evil reign of terror:

ljtrigirl wrote:
King Gerald sits on his throne of bones, stonecutter129 standing in front of him. "Do you know why I've brought you here?" he asks, adjusting the glistening white crown on his head.

"Why are any of us here?" Great Theorizer zd00 asks. "We all determine when each other leave, but ling is the one that brought us all to life. Are we just puppets in his game?"

"Darling, focus," Queen Asher snaps his fingers in front of stonecutter129's face. "You're accused of sympathizing with the Seer, the plague of mystics that are threatening to overthrow the monarchy. How do you plead?"

"I'm one of you, really," stonecutter129 replies. "What's cooler than being Hot? Ice Cool, right?" He chuckles nervously. No one joins in.

"You were one of my Lieutenants," Admiral LJ steps forward. "Then we caught you attempting to flee battle like a coward. Couldn't stand seeing your heretics ripped apart?"

"What do you think the proper sentence for his crimes are?" King Gerald steps forward.

"Death." Admiral LJ, Great Theorizer zd00, and Queen Asher all reply instantaneously.

"At nightfall," Great Theorizer zd00 adds.

"So say we all," all four say in unison.

IN SECOND PLACE IS:

Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb

For his performance in WWTD? 3: A Few of Tok's Favorite Things!

But wait? Smug died N1 as an aux! How on earth is that award worthy? Well, you haven't played a Tok game have you? Dead chat is still as much part of the ongoing game as the living. People are able to return and pass info in any number of ways. Smug just so happened to not be able to return, but that didn't stop him from his merriment and fear inciting antics. He kept dead chat on their toes and his allegiance to his wolves stayed true to the end.

Smugvid Mar 24, 12:35 PM: I can be your outed hero baby
Smugvid Mar 24, 12:35 PM: I can kiss away your pain
Smugvid Mar 24, 12:35 PM: I WILL STAND BY WOLVES FOREVER

And finally, the winner of Best Outed Evil...

IN FIRST PLACE IS:

V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

For his performance in A Game for 19 - Can't Stop Won't Stop.

I was a part of this game. Veni was in a Seer claim war with Dake. Once Dake flipped, Veni didn't miss a beat and took it all in stride. First, he began with cute outed evil responses. He then decided to make better use of his wicked ways by communicating to his fellow evils in code. The amusement did not leave with the coded messages though! His updated "outed evil" handbooks were a delight! He was able to communicate the identity of the bodyguard to his wolves with it once the code deciphering proved to be a bit much.

Congratulations Veni Vidi Vici on your Wolfie!

3rd: ljtrigirl
2nd: Smugvid
1st: Veni Vidi Vici
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
---background announcer voice---

This is VVV's second Wolfie. His first wolfie was for Best Performance as a Villager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What the heck? I've never even been in consideration for an individual Wolfie before this year.

Thanks so much everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The best part of this performance (IMO) was the outed evil handbooks - which were TOTALLY Dake's idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of quoting myself:

Amaroq81 wrote:
Congrats, VVV!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hey! My handbooks were entirely accurate except for one piece!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Hey! My handbooks were entirely accurate except for one piece!

Mine were the reverse. I only had one piece of accurate information!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I can't do mine until after Tok goes, so either Syntax needs to jump to next, or we'll just wait for her. Tok- How does your timing look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next up we have....

BEST COFFEE DRINKING PERFORMANCE!

[...]

In third place >>

dbmurph22! He took his cup this morning and had a strong initial few sips. This loaded his system with important initial caffeination. Following that was a pristine and increasing alternation of drinking and waiting to manage fine temperature control throughout the whole cup.

In second place >>

bkarrigan!
Novice coffee drinkers put it just down the hatch, but he let it linger nicely on the palate before letting it sink for each drink. This allowed more of the caffeinated beverage to permeate through his whole oral membrane. But not too long. He did it just right all while exhibiting strong drinking pace.

AND OUR WINNER

Veni Vidi Vici! His third wolfie today. He not only showed perfect drinking pace and delivery into his oropharnyngeal area, but his lip to cup edge attachment was a joy to watch. It not only assured coffee delivery perfection, but was an aesthetic of balance that made him a joy to watch by everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Congrats on all the wolfies VVV)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.