Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All

When I bought the game on the second hand market, I found that the stickers were gummy to pull off the sheet. I ordered a new set from GMT but was informed that due to age, their replacement had the same issue. This is my help to you in case you have the same problem. Don't bother going to GMT on this issue. (I'm not slamming GMT mind you, but I am disappointed. I don't know the specifics on how these things are produced, but I was hoping it was as simple as sending a print job to a printer with the right sticker sheet...)

I have seen alternate stickers on this site. I may try to buy a large sticker and print on that, and then cutting stickers out for use. I could also just cut the sheet I have but then I'd have to figure out an adhesive solution. (that would take into account the paper underneath the sticker as well.

sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean my already stickered copy is worth more on the secondary market? JACKPOT!

I kid, I kid. I hope you find an alternative method to get your stickers on. Off the top of my head, you might be able to cut the stickers out, glue the backs, and then use some kind of spray-on sealer to keep the stickers from coming off. Minis people use Krylon sealant, and there's some spray-on shellac available. You could also try brush-on shellac, I suppose, though I'd be concerned about that being difficult to apply evenly to such a small surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I was the one who suggested the GMT route, since they had a spare parts item for stickers and it wasn't listed as out of stock. Hope you find some way to take care of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no worries all - I'll find a way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Willcockson
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you mean by "gummy", ie how bad a problem it is. Could you use an Xacto knife to carefully force each sticker off the sheet and then if the stickers dont have enough stick use some kind of additional adhesive to fix them to the blocks? I usually have pretty good luck with Xacto knives but you have to be slow and careful.

Edit: I just went into my box and I see that at some point along the way I must have ordered extra sets of stickers as a backup and I see what you mean by "gummy". Dont think you are going to get those up with an Xacto knife and frankly the sheet seems more defective to me rather than being a matter of age. What I would do, once again involving an Xacto knife and a good straight edge would be to cut them all out and then use some kind of glue to get them on the counters. Possibly you might be able to use some kind of solvent to at least get the paper off the back, but you wouldn't want to damage or discolor the stickers.

I also noticed in my game box that I have an extra original set of the stickers on what looks to be a thinner sheet of paper and no problem with those so I dont think it is a matter of age. Normally I would just give those to you, but I know the reason that I got them was I wanted to repaint all the blocks to match the block colors I did for my Asia Engulfed game (hated the block colors in that game) in addition to just having a better paint job in both games. sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries - I opted to not use an exacto per se on these, I have purchased several full sticker sheets and will print the alternate stickers from this site. I will then need to cut those stickers but it removes the adhesive issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.