Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Helicopters are treated as ground vehicles regarding units transport?
I mean, with a single Move action you can activate a vehicle and a unit to move one of them(1/2 MF) and load, OR to load and move the transport (1/2 MF), OR to unload and move both(1/2 MF each).
Is it the same for Helos?
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
The helicopter rules are on page 14. From my reading you have to designate the mode of movement at the beginning of the impulse. So you could designate a helicopter to land and have a unit embark for 1/2 the units MF. Next time the helicopter is eligible you could designate it as flying to move the unit around but would then need a further impulse when it is eligible to land again and disembark the unit for 1/2 of its movement value. I am not sure if I am reading this right as it means 3 activations of an eligible helicopter to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig!
So:
- I can activate a flying/hovering unloaded Helo and a unit, land the Helo and (move and) load the unit.

- I can activate a Landed unloaded Helo and a unit, (move and) load the unit and fly/hover the Helo.

- I can activate a flying/hovering loaded Helo, land the Helo and unload the unit (and move it 1/2?)

- I can activate a Landed loaded Helo, unload the unit, fly/hover the Helo and move the uhit(1/2)

How this sounds?
...just brainstorming out loud...

EDIT: perhaps my doubt are from the difficulty to figure (the unfigurable) 1/2 MF for Helicopters....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Harris
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good Morning,

When activating an air unit such as a Huey, you must declare the movement mode you are using for that impulse. There are 3 modes that helicopters have access to; Flying, Hovering, and Landed. Helicopters can only "load units" when they are in a Landed mode.

Now as far as units loading onto the helicopter, they will use 1/2 of their Movement Factor to actually board the helicopter and will then be marked as moved for that turn.

The helicopter can then be activated as long as it is an eligible unit. So let's say your helicopter just loaded an American Rifleman unit on the previous impulse. You now declare that the helicopter is in flying mode and can move across the map to your declared hex since helicopters in flying mode have unlimited movement.

Josh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh! You just ninjaed me.
So my previous post is totally uncorrect.
Helicopters are NOT treated as ground transport vehicles and are NOT activated with the same Move action of the loading/unloading ground unit.....ain't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.